Open Up

"Wait, so he was his father?" You turned to Mirio as you, him, and Eri left Class 1B's play. "When'd Count Paris get the time to have Romeo if he was in Azkaban?"

"Well, there are women in Azkaban, right?"

"But how did Romeo get out? Are the guards of Azkaban not dementors in their play?"

"I dunno, they didn't say."

"But why did Obi-wan lie about the King of Gondor being Romeo's father?"

Mirio chuckled, ruffling your hair. "I didn't think you'd be this into it."

You scratched the back of your neck, partly embarrassed, until you saw Midoriya... flying towards you. "Am I hallucinating?"

"Nope, I see it too."

You watched Midoriya plummet to the ground and you contemplated trying to catch him before ultimately deciding that he should eat the dirt for making you worry.

"Look Eri, Midoriya came flying at us!" Mirio exclaimed.

"Likely not the best way to greet someone who just kissed the ground in front of us." You didn't say anything about your full capability of catching him. "Nice show, by the way."

"You really think so?"

You nodded and looked to Eri.

A bright smile spread across her face as she spoke about the performance; the loud sounds, the flashing lights, the singing.

Midoriya wiped tears from his face and said with a smile, "I'm glad you liked it."

"Right... but I'm sure they would appreciate if you helped out after being late." You motion to the people struggling to bring chunks of ice towards Bakugou and Midoriya rushes over to help.

"Hey, Y/N, you coming to Class C's next?" A girl clung to your arm with a grin. You flinched at the touch and went completely still, waiting for her to let go.

"Yo, Class A, that was sick!"

A chunk of ice that Mineta was holding suddenly burst into flames as your heart began beating faster and faster. Why is this girl clinging to me?

"Y/N," A familiar voice called. "are you okay?"

Shouto walked up to you, practically ignoring the girl from Class C clinging to your arm. "You seem distressed."

"I-I'm not." Was that a stutter? Did I just stutter? "I'm not distressed."

"Are you sick?." He pressed the back of his hand against your forehead. "You don't seem sick."

You swatted his hand away. "I'm fine, really. It's just hot today. Mirio and Eri are just telling me to come along with them as they roam around the festival, so I won't be able to assist you in cleanup."

Mirio hid a laugh. Turning on professional mode for evasion, I see.

"The beauty pageant is next and I'm organizing a majority of it by request of one of the teachers, so I must be going now. I can spare a compliment." You looked away, realizing how he was holding eye contact. "The show was... fun."

Shouto's lips parted a bit before he smiled. He couldn't help but notice the way you fidget with your hands when you're nervous or embarrassed. You were slowly developing habits and traits that you weren't allowed to have before. "That's good. Midoriya told me that you wanted me to come to the beauty pageant?"

You nodded.

"Are you participating?"

"No, no. I designed one of the dresses."