Redemption

"Are you alright?" You asked as you did a nonchalant glance to Todoroki and Midoriya. They slowly nodded, still dumbfounded of what just occurred before them.

You snapped your head back to the Nomu and lunged your palm into its chest. "Aerial Shot!" The Nomu was sent flying into the air, and stopped, hovering in the air.

"Evacuate the area." You told the two without looking back, then shooting into the air towards the Nomu.

You outstretched your arm and began controlling the blood inside the Nomu's veins and threw it across the road, speeding over and grabbing it before it hit a building.

You kicked its chest and it went flying backwards again into a building. You tried slamming your fist into its face but it moved out of the way and your knuckle bashed into the roof of the building.

It was now hovering behind you and attempted at punching your back but you moved out of the way.

You tried kicking the side of its head, but it quickly lifted its arm to block. There was this piercing pain through your ankle and you moved back, tilting it so you could see what hurt you.

"What?" You whispered to yourself. There were small stab wounds on your ankle, dripping down your foot.

Water began streaming from your finger tips and you whipped your right arm as the water streams wrapped around the Nomu and through it into the road as if they were tentacles. Then they froze.

You plummeted down and landed right next to it. With a raised brow, you watched it stand up and looked at you. Why did it look sad?

"Todoroki-kun." Midoriya began as he looked at the face off between you and the Nomu. "There's something wrong with that Nomu..." Todoroki looked back. "You're... right."

You made an upward v motion with your arms and a sort of spiky earth cage surrounded the Nomu up to its neck. Then you clawed your hands and pressed them a few inches apart, spikes forming on the inside of the confinement and prodding at the Nomu.

But before the spikes could penetrate the Nomu, they went inside out.

What the heck?

The cage you made broke apart and the spikes began charging at you, and moments before they managed to hit you, you jumped up and they hit a building.

"Todoroki-san, is everyone from that building already evacuated?" You questioned, to which Todoroki nodded. "Good..."

The glass began to float around you and circled around you until they stopped, all of them now at a perfect point. Then they went slicing through the air until they jabbed into the Nomu's skin.

But the glass quickly turned to sand and began falling from the Nomu's wounds.

What's the thing's... deal...?

Then it hit you.

"M...Mama...?"

•••

"Mama!" You lifted up the glass that you broke in tears. "I broke papa's flower vase!" You sobbed.

"Papa's flower vase doesn't matter as much as the scratches that you put on your hands, sweetie."

"But... papa liked the vase. And you fixed it when you accidentally broke it the last time you and papa fought, right?" You held up the shattered pieces. "S-So can you fix it before papa comes home?"

Your mother sighed and knelt down as you placed the glass shards into her palm. She shut her eyes and the shards turned to sand. "There. Simply put it into your sandbox outside, alright?"

•••

Your breath hitched and you moved back, your hand over your mouth.

No way...

No way, no way, no way!!

Your heart began beating loudly as your bottom lip quivered. Your left foot stepped back, threatening to retreat.

The Nomu suddenly raised its fist and punched you downtown.

"Y/N!!" Todoroki was about to run into the battle until Midoriya put his arm in front of him. "Todoroki-kun, it's dangerous. Y/N can handle herself." Even Midoriya sensed a hint of hesitation in his voice.

Your eyes opened slowly and you saw the rubble of the building's broken walls around you with little pieces of glass sticking out of your arms and legs.

Blood from your cheek dripped onto your leggings and you stared at the red blotch. Blood... You sharply inhaled through your teeth and stood up.

The glass in your skin turned to sand and scattered around you.

The Nomu was advancing towards you ever so slowly as if it were waiting for your next move. You looked up at it. It didn't look different from other Nomus. Its movement wasn't different. So why... couldn't you attack it?

You shakily lifted your left arm and saw the blood from the glass start leaving your body like snakes. They turned to daggers and shot at the Nomu, though it didn't do much.

Your shoulder bandage had fallen off. The battle between All Might and All For One felt like an eternity ago, but in reality, it wasn't even a week. That wound that you instilled on yourself was still healing.

You huffed as you staggered to your feet. You think something in your back was broken. Your hair fell messily over your face and obscured your view of the monster in front of you.

The Nomu punched you again and you were sent further into the building. You had no strength to lift your head or arms, or get your legs to run. You weren't All Might. You didn't have his stamina or his strength or his will.

"Mama!"

Your eyes widened and you lifted your chin slightly. There was a child. A small boy, not much older than Kota, if not the same age.

"Mama, where are you?"

Your foot twitched. You felt the mother's energy. She was already evacuated. But it seemed as though her small son was overlooked.

Don't worry... I'll get you to your mom...