Neglecting

Todoroki returned to his dorm, so quiet that his classmates feared what he had seen.

"We only found out about an hour ago." Aizawa told him. "None of us could touch the door without getting hurt and it was locked. However, we got one of Ectoplasm's clones to pick the lock and open the door. We don't know how long it's been like this."

He sat down on his bed with a soft grunt. Why was the room covered in ice? And better yet, where did that blood come from? Why was it there?

Over the next few days, it was apparent that the thought hadn't left Todoroki. He and Midoriya still went to the cafe everyday, with the occasional tag along of Uraraka and Iida.

"Nothing today?" Ashido asked upon his and Midoriya's arrival. Todoroki shook his head and made his way to his room with his face rather monotone for such a disappointing result to but another visit to the same cafe.

Midoriya sat down at one of the couches and sighed, leaning back with his head facing up. "The woman there has really been helping us, but it's not really leading us anywhere. Not anywhere valid, anyway."

"And none of the teachers know where it is?" Iida pinched his chin and looked down. "It seems rather irresponsible for our caretakers to not know where one of their students are." He then paused and let his hand fall. "However, I am also at fault as the class president for not knowing where a fellow classmate may be."

"Don't be like that, Iida-san." Yaoyorozu sat next to him and sat up straight. "She was always very detached from the class. She would never message first, do unnecessary calls, request a hang out, or even attend class as often. I'm sure that she was also aware that she is on a different level than us."

The common room fell silent. "Do you think..." Hagakure began. "That we were neglecting her?"

"I'm doubtful."

Everyone looked at Todoroki, who was now changed into a t-shirt and sweatpants. "She often purposely detached herself from everyone. Her very personality makes her feel as though she doesn't require other people. And should other people need her, they simply need to call out her name."

Todoroki leaned on the wall, his gaze travelling to the window leading to the dark evening sky. "That's what she told me, anyway."

"You were always closer to Y/N-chan than the rest of us. At least, to me." Tsu leaned forwards, an intent longing in her eyes. "Did you already know about her and All For One?"

Once again, the room gained a funeral like silence.

"I did not." Todoroki stood up straight and began walking to his room, stopping before turning the corner. "No one did." And with that, he disappeared behind the wall leading to the hallway.

The room's energy was rather dull.

"Well then," Ashido painted a smile on her face. "Dinner anyone?"

"I don't think you should be the one cooking, Ashido-san."

"Oh, come on, Yaomomo!"

The mood in the room lightened up once again. Todoroki still stood outside his door, hearing the soft laughs and the joyful voices of his classmates slowly build up from the common room. He sighed and opened the door to his room. He was well aware that you didn't like showing that you cared, but you did. Deeply. You would've wanted them to be smiling, laughing, talking. But him? He couldn't do that without knowing you were safe.

•••

"We're going again today?" Midoriya asked Todoroki. "You don't have to if you don't want to." Todoroki shut his dorm's door. "You've gone every time I did, and I don't know if you actually like going."

"Oh, it's fine! Besides, they make good lattes."

Todoroki gave a simply nod and began walking to the dorm's entrance with Midoriya following.

"I'm surprised we never saw Kuroiro-san. He was the one that told you about the cafe. Does he not visit without Y/N?" Midoriya looked up in thought. "Maybe he-"

"MIDORIYA, LOOK OUT!"

Todoroki had glanced up and saw a large figure, similar to the creature back at the USJ, raining down from the sky towards he and Midoriya. Todoroki grabbed Midoriya and swapped places with him so he would be on the road side of the sidewalk.

But there was no contact.

He looked behind him and his eyes widened. "Y-Y/N?"