Quirks: A Gift and a Curse

"Ah, Cloak. You're early." Ryukyu said.

"It's not rare, Ryukyu-san." You put down your bag and pulled out your phone, seeing a message from Shouto.

I saw you leave. You're going to your work study?

You texted back.

Yeah, I am.

Alright. Be safe.

You stared at the text for a bit, then texting back, Thanks, and putting your phone away. The doors opened again and you saw Nejire, Tamaki, and Mirio walk through the doors.

"Dang it, I thought we'd finally make it somewhere before you!" Nejire whined.

"You're about 15 minutes too late for that, Nejire."

She nearly tackled you, pouncing on your and wrapping her arms around your neck. "Hey, hey, do you know what's going on?"

"Yes, I do. But we'll discuss it during the meeting."

Then your classmates—Midoriya, Kirishima, Uraraka, and Tsu—arrived. "Y-Y/N?" Uraraka ran up to you with Tsu in pursuit. "Do you know what's going on already? Why is Aizawa-sensei here?"

"Since you're all here, you'll find out soon enough. Shall we begin, Sir Nighteye?"

The man lifted his head, looking over his glasses with the same cold look he normally gave others. "Thanks to the intel provided by all of you, we're making great strides with this investigation. The small organization known as Hassaiki is plotting something. I've called you all to this discussion to share with you exactly what we know."

•••

"Let's go everything step-by-step." Nighteye began.

You looked over at Tamaki. "Are you alright?" You asked, your eyes gazing at his bandaged arm. "Yeah, I'm fine. My quirk's back too."

"That's... good."

Nighteye's sidekick—Bubble Girl—announced the information that was already known. "For the past two weeks or so, here at the Nighteye Agency... We have been, uh, conducting an independent investigation of the designated villain group known as Shie Hassaiki."

You looked down at the booklet in front of you. There was a lot more info than you thought, but you worried about what exactly you'd learn about it. "Do we know if it was formed recently or is it an old villain group that was C-Rank or lower until recently?"

"Well, an incident involving a band of thieves called the Reservoir Dogs is the assumed reason for its beginning. It was written off as an accident by the police but there were a few inconsistencies that prompted our investigation."

You squinted, staring down at the booklet in front of you and picking it up so you could see it well. "And when was this?"

"Nighteye Agency Sidekick, Centipeder, here. Under Nighteye's orders, I've followed some leads and according to my findings, the organization has been making extensive contact with outsiders and underworld dealers throughout the past year."

You looked up at Centipeder, then down at the paper in front of you. The past year... so what suddenly made it so important now?

"Shortly after we began investigating," Centipeder continued. "They made contact with the League of Villains. Jin Bubaigawara, better known as Twice."

Eyes quickly turned to you. "...I knew about this, yes. But don't blame me about it because you decided to keep this private for the past year, have you not? I likely could've told you sooner, had I known he was the leader of a villain group."