Shie Hassaikai

"Y/N... Y/N!"

You blinked and looked up, seeing Shindo in his uniform for the cafe. "Sorry, what did you need?" You pulled your earbud out.

"I didn't need anything. You've just been drinking melted ice for the past five minutes."

You looked down at your drink, which was originally bubble tea, and saw that you were indeed drinking water. "Ah..." With a snap, it set fire for a moment and turned to water. "I'll just continue doing that."

He glanced at your computer, which just had a five sentence long email with four other tabs open: Netflix, Crunchyroll, Funimation, and Spotify. Well, I don't know what I was expecting. He chuckled and took your cup of water. "You're not drinking melted ice."

"Why?"

"You can't tell that it tastes different from normal water?"

You sighed and looked back at your computer. "Do what you want." You typed away at your computer without saying anything more. However, you felt eyes on you.

"...Shindo, I'll just go now." You put your laptop in your bag and bowed your head before leaving.

It's not that you sensed any danger, it's just that you were uncomfortable. With earbuds in, you couldn't hear people whispering about you, but you always knew it was happening.

"Why is she here?"

"The heroes should've arrested her."

"Isn't she the daughter of All For One?"

You wanted to say you didn't care, but you did. You did want to be hero. But, at the same time, you knew so little about yourself. You couldn't remember what your mom looked like, what friends you had when you were small, who your relatives were, what your hobbies used to be... what your smile looked like..

After a short sigh, you got to the school building and walked into the school.

There were no classes that day since it was the weekend so there was no students and you walked into your room. You sat at your desk and continued the email you were writing, though it was nearly done.

After about an hour, you were already in casual clothes by then. Not because you were finished with your work but because combat boots and fire-resistant clothing wasn't the most comfortable attire.

"The door's unlocked." You said to whoever was at the other side of the door. Once you placed your foot on the ground and felt the energy of the person on the other side, you knew exactly who it was. And you weren't surprised.

"You seem to check on me frequently." You stated upon hearing the door open.

Shouto walked up to your desk and placed a mug of coffee in the coaster. "Is the cardigan new?" You glanced at the nearly full mug of coffee and sipped it before answering. "It is, actually. Mina bought it for me."

"It's only 3:00. You seem tired."

"Only a bit. I'm finished a majority of my work. Is there something you need?"

He shook his head and turned to leave. The door closed and you sighed, staring into the coffee Shouto made for you. It was just like you liked it. How did he even know?

•••

Late at night, you walked outside with your phone in hand.

The date was set.

You sat at the steps, your phone now turned off and you stared straightforward into the night. It was quiet. Yet, while it was a perfect setting to begin thinking about whatever you needed to, your mind was blank.