Missing

The day dragged on rather slowly. It was still a learning experience, it was just not as enjoyable without your pro hero level skills.

"We will be training your ultimate moves for the provisional license exam." Aizawa explained. "The passing rate is 50% so you will have to work hard so you can be part of that."

"Did Y/N have a signature move?" Midoriya asked as his hand shot up into the air.

"That's right. Of course, she had multiple, but there were the precious few that she always used." Ectoplasm paused for a moment and looked up. "She actually used one of the ones that she never uses on villains in the city during the battle with All For One."

The class went silent. Not the normal silent, but a silence with a certain level of uncomfortableness in the air.

"Anyways." Ectoplasm cleared his throat. "You can each have your own area in the training grounds to create your ultimate moves. That is all."

The class scattered and began practicing.

Todoroki fidgeted around with his ice, being careful not to make a glacier too large that it would break the roof and injure his classmates. But it wasn't hard to tell he was a bit absent minded.

"Todoroki-san?"

He looked over to Yaoyorozu, her face curious as she gazed upon him. "You seem... lost. Is something the matter?" Todoroki responded with silence at first, then turned and answered, "I'm simply being careful not to hurt anybody."

Jirou walked up next to Yaoyorozu and raised a brow with her arms folded in front of her. "He's distracted. Distracted with something else." She observed with her finger digging into her cheek.

Todoroki put his hand on one of the glaciers he made and shut his eyes, trying to copy what you did at the sports festival, but it just langes at his head like a bad memory and he made a hand imprint in the ice. Dammit.

His eyes darted around the room, seeing everyone working very hard, but he wasn't seeing the same energy they had at the camp.

He recalled a moment from back at the camp. It wasn't directed to him, he was sure, but it was beautiful nonetheless. He had heard the withering of the tree behind him and he peered into the forest, c the dried up trunks of the distant wood.

He saw the huge bubble gathered above the tree line, separating and dancing around in the air like butterflies.

You always seemed like you thought of yourself as destruction. As a parasite that destroyed anything in your path. But he saw your creation, and he wanted to see it again. For some strange reason.

"Todoroki."

Todoroki's ears perked up and he looked over at Aizawa. "You're not good at hiding your disturbance..." He eyed Todoroki for a moment before averting his gaze and walking away to another student.

Todoroki's eyes went soft and he looked at his frosted over hand. He wasn't known for showing his emotions so obviously on his face... other than confusion, but he wasn't quite aware of that part. So, why was he now?

•••

Finally, school was over and Todoroki, Uraraka, Iida, and Midoriya met up in front of the school. "I heard you three went to the Development Studio." Todoroki remarked. The three shared awkward glances and shrugged. "Yeah... I wanted to upgrade my costume." Midoriya said.

"So where was that cafe again?" Uraraka wondered as she scanned Midoriya's phone with her brown eyes.

"Kuroiro-san told me it was about a 5 minute walk, so we shouldn't need to pay for a taxi." Todoroki stepped forward and the rest followed.