Making New Friends- Part Twenty-Seven

★ 𝐏𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐀 𝐀/𝐍 𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐂𝐇𝐏𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑 💕

" oh yeah and y/n I've already signed you up for a new school you start going on Monday"

"How am I getting there?" I asked her

"Well, my job interview isn't for a couple days, so I can't take you tomorrow, but
the day after you'll either have to walk or take the bus, your choice" she explained

"I'll walk, I hate school busses"

"Problem solved" she said laughing a bit

Me and Shane talked for a bit longer, then he had to go because he had to do dishes.

𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄 𝐒𝐊𝐈𝐏☆

My mom had just told me that I could go walk round town and see the different shops, or the places we didn't go to on our walk.

I got dressed and brought my headphones with me so I didn't have to listen to rocks under my feet as I walked.

I put on the headphones and didn't start my music until I said goodbye to my mom and walked out the door.

I faintly heard the song 'Head Over Heals' by tears for fears playing in my headphones until I turned up the volume.

I went into a vintage store that I came across that didn't look like a souvenir shop for tourists after a while and walked in with the bell ringing above me.

I started walking around slowly, scanning the shelf's and seeing the kind of selection I can choose from.

I was looking through records I found in the back of the store and I heard a muffled voice, only muffled because of my headphones.

I took off my headphones and turned around, seeing a girl about my age with black curly hair, and dressed like she was from the 70s, along with sunglasses on her head.

"Sorry, I was just saying I loved your outfit" the girl said smiling

"Oh! Thanks" I said smiling back at her

"I've never seen you in here before?" She continued "sorry if that sounds weird I'm just in here everyday, did you just move in?"

"Yeah actually, we got here today" I explained

"Ohh that makes more sense, I'm Angie" she said reaching a hand out for me to shake.

I shook her hand and smiled "I'm y/n"

"I'm not going to try and guess what high school you go to because there's only one in this town, this place is tiny" she said laughing a bit.

"I mean I'm from a small town so I don't mind" I said looking back at the records, picking one up.

She pulled out a sticky note and wrote something down "here's my number, so you won't be alone on your first day" she said smiling and giving me the paper, she's a very smiley person apparently.

"Thanks, I'll text you once I get back to my house" I said taking the piece of paper

"Angie! I bought my stuff let's goo!!" A male voice said from the front of the store

A guy dressed with the same 79s style and her and blonde wavy hair, most likely her boyfriend.

"Sorry, thats my boyfriend Danny, I'll cya later though!" She said walking towards the guy.

I picked up all the records I saw that I wanted during the conversation and put my headphones back on, then unpausing the song that was playing.

I walked to the front with all my records and things I wanted and put them on the counter, the cashier starting small talk for a brief second then letting me leave.