The concert(2)- Part four

We were all setting up different parts of the stage, Shane was setting up some drums, my mom and Taylor were doing something with lighting and I was trying my best to help test all the amps and make sure their working fine.

I had checked all of the after a while and I had looked over at the drums Shane had set up, he was sitting there lightly tapping the drumsticks onto each drum. Seeming very bored.

Since I was done will the amps I walked over to Shane and said " is there anything else we need to do?" He quickly looked up at me "not that I know of.. I guess we just have to wait for the others to finish their jobs." He said still looking down and his drumsticks, messing with them in his hands.

"Where are we going to be during the concert?" I asked him, genuinely not having a clue. "Well normally we are supposed to just hangout backstage," he paused "but I like to sit at the very end to the stage on the other side of the curtains" he said pointing to a ledge that wasn't part of where the band would be playing.

"That's sounds fun actually" I said, turning to look at him again, giving him a smile. Which he mirrored back at me.

"OKAY EVERYONE" Taylor yelled coming from behind stage with a guy who had a dark beard "oh there you two are!"Taylor said "y/n are the amps working fine?" He asked turning to me "yeah! Checked all of them" I sad gesturing to the area I had worked in.

"Okay, good!" Taylor said running off somewhere

I looked back at Shane and the other man and they were just talking about something until he noticed me "I never got your name?" The man said " oh, sorry. I'm y/n" I said shaking his hand. "And you are.?" I continued "Dave" he said smiling at me.

I stopped shaking his hand and then Taylor ran from around the corner again " OKAY LETS START AUDIO TESTING" he yelled.

I squinted my eye thinking to my self 'didn't I already test the amps?' But I was shaken out of my thoughts when Shane had come up to me and said just above a whisper " he means the instruments " he said leaning towards me ear but still looking over at Taylor.

"Thanks" I whispered back, smiling at him and he turned to smile back at me.

It was now 5:30 and me and Shane were sitting on the edge of the stage where he was talking about.

We started watching all of the people piling in and going either to their seats, or at their spot of the floor.

Time went by fast and it was now six, all the seats were full. At least it looked like it.

I was about to say something to Shane but I heard Dave and Taylor greeting the crowd, more like yelling to hype them up more.

After a while of him and Dave bickering and talking about random things. I heard them finally start playing a song.

Shane was sitting closer so the curtain, on the left of me. And I saw him slightly smile while listening to the song.

I recognized the song because it was the first song that my mom had shown me from them.

Everlong.

My favorite song by them too. Once the lyrics started I laid on my back closing my eyes until I felt someone looking at me.

I opened my eye and saw Shane looking and me for a second but the laying down next to me.

I closed me eyes again, smiling while just listening to the lyrics that Dave was singing.

Sorry if I take a while to upload! Thank you for the support form the people reading and I promise, they will start having more moments together 🤭 ♥️