Deep breaths - Part Sixteen

After me and Shane finally got all of the egg out of our hair, shane went to go change in the bathroom and I changed in my room, we were both still in pajamas and it was cold outside.

I finished changing and walked over to my window, trying to see what kind of weather we were going to have for the park.

I figured it would be sunny outside but still cold, looks can be deceiving in fall.

I heard a knock at my door, I knew it was shane "come in" I said loud enough for him to hear me.

He opened the door and walked in, giving me a soft smile.

"Are you ready?" I asked him

"Yeah for the most part, I got all the eggs outta my hair" he replied. I laughed a bit.

"Yeahh, sorry about that by the way"I said apologizing

"Don't be, I started it" he said laughing at the last part.

I grabbed my purse and started stuffing thing we might need into it, like money, a water bottle, and my Polaroid camera.

"Ok now im ready, are you?" I asked

He was grabbing a jacket from his backpack and once he put it on he said "yup" and we started walking out of the house, locking the door behind us.

"So where is this park your talking about?" Shane asked me

"It's not too far, maybe ten minutes of a walk?" I replied. He nodded.

Although we were silent for a while of the walk it wasn't awkward, I would point out random things I saw around us or was just thinking about.

"We're about close to the park now" i informed shane.

"I'm exited to see it" he replied

" we should go straight to the pond because it has the most flowers in that spot" I suggested

"Well if it has more flowers than of course" he said

———————————

After a little bit we finally got to the park and I took shane to the spot I wanted to show him and found a bench we could sit down at.

We sat in silence for a couple minutes, I sat there thinking about what me and Shane were, I honestly didn't know if we were friends or not because of the fact that we kissed.

I wanted to ask him, so fuck it.

"Shane?" I said grabbing his attention

"Yeah?" He responded looking at me, smiling.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked

"Of course" he said

"What are we?" I said trying to be as straight forward as I could.

"What do you want us to be?" He said turning my question back on me.

The straight forward me was now gone and I was taken back. What did I want us to be? I didn't want us to be just friends, I knew what I wanted to be.

"Isn't it obvious?" I asked him, I thought it was.

He took a deep breath, looking away from me.

" y/n" he said fully grabbing my attention on him

"Yeah?" I responded.

He took another deep breath, as if he was scared to say what he was going to say.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" He asked me, the nervousness from him was obvious.

I smiled at him and pulled him into a hug "of course Shane" I said quietly.

I pulled back from the hug and Shane still had his hands  on my waist.

This caught me slightly off guard and I turned my head to look at him again, making eye contact with him.

I could slightly see him moving closer to me so I smiled and put my hand on his cheek, then closing the empty space in between us.

It felt different now that we officially have a label on it, less confusing.

He pulled away and smiled at me.

He looked at the watch he had on his wrist and his eyes widened.

"What's time is it?" I asked

"5:30" he answered, making my eyes widen too.

"What time do you need to be home" I said

"I'm not sure but most likely around seven" he said

"Should we head back to my house?" I asked him.

"Yeah" he said smiling, getting up and grabbing my hand.

I smiled too and we started walking back.

——————————————

HEYYYYY so sorry it took a while to post, idk why I didn't write for a while.

SORRY AGAIN THAT IT TOOK A WHILE AND THAT ITS SHORT 😭

Also the pic above is what I had in mind for the park it's super pretty

817 words 😭