Lovebirds-part nine

Shane and and I had just walked out of the school, sneaking around the security guard  by the entrance.

It was only two o'clock so we have about one hour to waste until school was officially over.

"Wanna go to the gas station up the hill?" I asked him as we were crossing the street.
"I've never been to it but sure" he responded as we started walking up the hill.

We started walking across the parking lot and into the gas station "hey y/n! What are you doing out of school? It's only 2:30" the store clerk asked me.

"I got called out early" I lied "and I'm guessing your boyfriend coincidentally did too?"

I quickly looked at Shane a second, he didn't looked bothered but he was just smiling "He's not my-!" I got cut of by the store clerk saying "yeah yeah suree, I've heard that before from kids your age"

I sighed and started walking through the store skimming the shelves and picking up something that I wanted.

Once Shane was down we walked up and I said "I can pay" as I started getting money out but Shane had said "no it's ok I got it" "I swear I got it do-"

"This is what I mean" the store clerk said

"Huh?" Me and Shane said in sync.

"You too, ditching class together getting snacks, arguing about who's going to pay, blah blah. It's obvious that you two are either dating or like each other, just accept it"

I stood there frozen, my face was warm and I was going to say something until I saw the store clerk taking Shane's money "you suck" I said jokingly and I elbowed his side.

"Have a nice day lovebirds" he said slyly and giving us our bag "You too" Shane said as if he didn't care what the worker had been saying.

We walked out of the store and still had time to waste after we were out so we just started walking back to school so we can pretend we never ditched in the first place.

We walked through a different entrance and decided just to roam around the halls for a while until the bell rang, avoiding any teachers we saw.

The bell had rang after ten minuets and we started walking out. My mom knew I would be out so I didn't need to text her.

But Shane still had to text Taylor.

I knew he would make it weird, so I worried a bit.

I saw Shane had just sent the text so I looked up at his face, giving me a soft smile, his phone buzzed and he looked down at it and saying under his breath; " Jesus Christ dad.."

"What?" I said concerned

"He thinks it's a date" he said rubbing his eyes

"It's okay, I expected him to do that anyways so it's fine" I said smiling at him to try and out him at ease.

It worked and he had looked up at me smiling.

We were still in-front of the school when a group of guys came up to Shane and all said hi to him.

"Hey Shane!" One of the three boys said ruffling Shane's hair "did Shane finally get a girlfriend?" Another one said.

"What? No, this is my friend, Y/n" Shane tried to explain

"Yeah ok a friend" he continued "anyways whatcha up to?" He asked

"We were just about to go to hangout"Shane explained again

"Oooooo!" A different boy said

I rolled my eyes and Shane did too, we were both smiling but trying to make them believe the truth that we were not dating.

"Anyways, we gotta go, bye guys!" Shane said grabbing my wrist and dragging me away from the group to save us from further embarrassment.

"Sorry about them" Shane said once we were out of sight from them.

"It's okay, I'm honestly used to it by now" I said slightly laughing.

We were walking to the movie theater because it wasn't that far at all.

We had gone into the theater, bought popcorn and drinks, then sat down some where.

I realized that I never knew what movie we were seeing "What movie is this?" I turned and whispered to shane.

Even in the dark lighting I could tell that the boy had a slight smirk and his face, "the shining"

" you bastard!" I said hitting his chest

He just laughed as the lights went darker and the movie started to play.

SORRY THIS TOOK SO LONG!!
And my bad for any spelling errors
I'll try and get a faster upload for the next one tho 🤭

You guys are gonna love the next one, they won't kiss yet, but- yeah I'm not gonna say anything else lol

804 words 😳