𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

ೃ࿔*:・✸⋆➶ ✧

ೃ࿔*:・✸⋆➶ ✧

      Hidden on the top of a roof was Inej and Anya, the two separating from the rest of the group as part of the plan. Due to the circumstances of the other plans, they opted for not letting one person be alone at any point. So, that's why they put the two on the roof, keeping a look out while Nina and Kaz spoke to their only lead, at a tea shop of all places. As the girl looked down, she noticed Kaz looked unamused, scanning his eyes around the shop to try and find someone, get this over and done with quickly.

       Whatever it was that Nina was telling him, he looked as if he wished he was elsewhere, far away from her and this conversation. It seemed he wanted an escape, his eyes flickering up to the roof where he knew Anya was. At that moment, she met his gaze and sent him a quick wink while Inej shook her head at the two, motioning to the left hand side, where a woman was approaching. The two girl's hid their bodies beneath the wall of the roof and waited until the conversation either got confrontational or ended.

       Every now and again, Anya would move her body to look at the scene, noticing Kaz remained unamused the entire conversation. It seemed boring and she was glad it was Nina that was forced into that position, as opposed to herself. Her eyes widened as she watched him slowly taking off his gloves, knowing they were his armour. It was when he dipped his hands into the liquid and made the cross symbol across his chest did she realise what was going on.

       Placing his gloveless hands on the table, he continued with the conversation and Anya peaked her head back down. She wasn't hidden behind the wall for more than a minute before Inej gasped softly. The girl was curious and she peaked her head back over, noticing a waitress had crashed into Kaz's body and the expression on his face was one she recognised. Panic crept in and when he turned around to fight back the memories resurfacing, he placed his gloveless hand onto that same table, not expecting Nina's to make contact with his own, concern shining in her irises.

       Anya didn't care that their only lead was getting away, she didn't care that they were about to blow this job, all she cared about was ensuring he was okay. While he stumbled through the crowded Shu streets, she nodded at Inej and allowed the girl to race ahead while she stayed behind. Swallowing harshly, she hoisted her body off the building, landing on her knees in front of Nina. Sparing the girl no explanation, she grabbed the gloves off the table and followed in the direction she knew he had gone in.

       Stumbling and knocking into every person he passed was Kaz Brekker, his breathing erratic as he tried to erase the feeling of skin against his own. It made him recoil just thinking about it and he swore he could taste the scent of death clinging to his soul. He felt like he needed to get out and despite the insults thrown his way, he continued to knock into bodies, unsure of what to do, where to go. Everything was spinning and moving a million miles per hour, he couldn't keep up.

       It was only when arms wrapped around his middle did he force himself out of it, feeling the familiar aura that she held. She was careful in her positioning, aiming for his most heavily clothed areas of his middle so he wouldn't feel her touch as much. All she was going to do was help him out of the way of the public, allow him to sort himself out of what he was suffering with. She knew he would probably kill her if she sat and offered him sympathy and pity, so it would be best to leave him to his own devices, he'd overcome it, he just needed his armour and solitude.

       Hoisting his body into a nearby alleyway, she allowed him to collapse against the wall, immediately letting her hold go. It was scary to see someone like Kaz Brekker to be in such a state but she could recall how she'd once reacted the same way from so much as a glance. Things like that couldn't just leave a person and she could sympathise with him, hoping he wouldn't absolutely despise her for what she'd done. She knew if it was her, she would want someone to get her out of that situation.

       As he tried to slow his breathing down, he looked up at the girl, scowling at the fear on her expression. She made sure she wasn't in his personal space, at least two steps beside him, crouching with one knee the floor. It was only when he let out a quiet gasp at her sight did she move back once again, looking down as to not make him even more uncomfortable.

       "You were supposed to follow her." Kaz snarled and she looked up at him, his crow came clutched so tightly in his hands that it had turned his knuckles white. He was curled like a child without a home, tucked away into the corner, beside the door that had been abandoned.

       "Inej went after her and," Anya began to defend herself but looked down and paused for a second, "I couldn't leave you out there. Not like this." She reached into her pocket and grabbed the gloves she'd taken from the table, placing them down beside his body. Immediately, she retracted her hand and slipped away, going to go and locate Inej.

       As soon as she left, Kaz looked down to his side to see the black gloves he regretted taking off. Reaching out, he snatched them off the ground and clutched onto them as if they could cure the disgust clawing at his throat, dragging him back their. His eyes moved to the empty space, where his anchor had once been stood, tugging him out of the current that threatened to hold his body under.

ೃ࿔*:・✸⋆➶ ✧
Words~1033.
{edited:no}