𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 14

ೃ࿔*:・✸⋆➶ ✧
'Oh, thunder only happens when it's raining
Players only love you when they're playing
Say, women, they will come and they will go
When the rain washes you clean, you'll know
You'll know
Now here I go again, I see the crystal visions
I keep my visions to myself'
Dreams~Fleetwood Mac.
ೃ࿔*:・✸⋆➶ ✧

 ೃ࿔*:・✸⋆➶ ✧𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 14𝘖𝘧 𝘉𝘳𝘶𝘪𝘴𝘦𝘴

ೃ࿔*:・✸⋆➶ ✧
𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 14
𝘖𝘧 𝘉𝘳𝘶𝘪𝘴𝘦𝘴.
ೃ࿔*:・✸⋆➶ ✧

The carriage moved past trees and Anya raised her hand pulling a flower off, it was a beautiful red rose, she turned to Inej and moved her hair slightly and placed the flower in. Inej turned to her confused while Anya just smiled making a smile also break out on Inej's face.

"Jesper do you want one? I have more flowers." Anya held up the four flowers she had found and Jesper turned around, thinking about it for a moment before nodding. She leaned forwards and took his hat off, placing the flower in his hair making him smile at her. "Kaz?"

"I'm fine." Kaz denied making her frown while Inej grabbed a flower and placed it in her hair which made the frown be replaced by a smile.

"Well, my offer still stands. You can stay there looking boring while we all match." Anya replied before leaning forwards and placed a flower on his hat and sitting down quickly making him glare at her, he made no attempts to remove the flower though.

They made small talk throughout the journey but Anya was taken into a memory.

Anya was sat on the roof — her favourite spot — with her legs dangling over the edge, just to watch the people go about their lives. The roof had a perfect view of the stars, whoever joined her mostly had to hear her talk about them, they didn't mind. They loved how she shared her favourite things with them and how she'd reveal a part of herself when she spoke about them.

She felt someone's presence sit beside her, "Hello, Kaz." She greeted not taking her eyes away from the streets. She raised the bottle of beer to her lips and took a swig of it before handing it to Kaz who eyed it for a moment. "It's not poison." She thought for a moment before grabbing some tissue and wiping it and handing it to him with a smile as Kaz took it and took a sip.

"What are you doing here?" Kaz asked as he handed the bottle back to her.

"Getting drunk." She replied before laughing quietly. "Why did you chose me and Inej. Well I understand choosing Inej because of her way with knives and the whole disappearing thing, I can't do anything like that. I can appear and disappear but what good is that. I can't throw knives to save my life, can't use a gun. So, why me."

"You have a way of making people fear you, secrets is how you you gained your reputation. You'd find their secrets in exchange for what you wanted. That's why I chose you, you found things that nobody wanted to find out." Kaz told her making her smile as another voice cut in.

"You are a Crow whether you want to be one or not." Jesper's voice cut in making them turn to see him and Inej walking over.

"Yeah, you're one of us, Anya." Inej added taking the bottle of beer from her hands making a smile break out on her face. Anya grabbed the blue ribbon from where it was tied around her hand and began plaiting Inej's hair, it was something they always did and Inej found it soothing.

"Pass the bottle over." Jesper told her making her roll her eyes and pass the bottle over to him.

The four remained like that, talking together and laughing at the most random things until Anya fell asleep with her head in Jesper's lap. Kaz stared at the young girl with a look of pure adoration but was pulled away from her by a loud unneeded cough.

"Admiring the view, Brekker?" Jesper teased receiving an unimpressed look from Kaz who just stared at him blankly.

"I was checking she's still alive." Kaz lied making Inej chuckle quietly.

"I'm pretty sure if she was dead she wouldn't be snoring." Inej commented with a raised eyebrow while Kaz just rolled his eyes and went to stand up.

"Oh, come on. We were only joking." Jesper called out as Kaz grabbed his cane and hit Jesper on his arm. "What was that for?" Inej began laughing but was cut off by Kaz hitting her right arm.

"Kaz, stop hitting them." Anya told him as she sat up and rubbed her eyes. "Why are you all looking at me weirdly. You're all smiling, this is really creepy."

"Oh, she's alive. Kaz look she's alive." Jesper teased motioning to Anya which made Inej burst into another fit of laughter while Kaz glared at Jesper.

"Am I missing something?"

"Yes." Both Inej and Jesper chorused while Kaz glared at the two before he corrected them, "No."

"Alright then." Anya mumbled before taking Kaz and Jesper's hats and placing them both on her head. "I suit them better than you." She told them making them raise their eyebrow at her while she burst into laughter again making a smile automatically break out on the other two Crows' face.

Kaz didn't smile, but he was fighting back one. The sound of her laugh was like music to his ears and if he could have bottled the sound and gotten drunk on it every night, he would have. It terrified him how some suli girl could change his world completely, make him feel things he didn't want to.

ೃ࿔*:・✸⋆➶ ✧
Words~950.
{edited:no}