𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗢𝗻𝗲

ೃ࿔*:・✸⋆➶ ✧

ೃ࿔*:・✸⋆➶ ✧

Returning back empty handed didnt feel as bad as Anya had expected it to have felt, raising a brow as she looked around the filthy streets, discovering not much had changed in their absence. She stood behind Kaz, walking side by side with Inej and Jesper as she scanned her eyes through the various passing people, eager to return to their homes or drink themselves into intoxication. His hat sat on her head, something he'd opted not to argue about her with.

The sound of Jesper's commentary consumed their walk and made the anxious feeling slide away easily. "Home sweet home, straight off the boat from Ravka and no one was waiting to kill us as soon as we arrived." He turned his gaze to the ebony haired girl beside him, raising his hands to high five her. "Yay, that's a good sign."

"That we possibly have a few hours to live?" Anya quipped as she raised a brow in amusement.

"You get me so well," he nudged the girl with his shoulder and she chuckled, shaking her head, "I think I might celebrate with a little dice and debauchery."

"No debauchery." Kaz interrupted, ignoring the snicker that left the young girl.

"Dice then." Jesper retorted childishly, excited to finally be back home.

"No dice, we have stops to make." Kaz corrected, his vague response only feeling as familiar as ever.

It was rare they ever got a full explanation of a plan from Kaz and most of the time he shared bits and pieces that never fully connected to the larger plan he'd concocted for them. Truthfully, it was dangerous and insane, always going in without a single clue as to what they were actually going to be facing, yet that just added to the thrill of it all, allowing them to have a little excitement. Some days, Anya just wished Kaz would stop being so closed off and untrusting with them, he acted like telling them minor details was going to cause the world to explode.

       "Whats first? Tante Heleen?" Inej questioned, looking at Kaz carefully to see his answer.

       "We get to the Crow Club." Kaz corrected while Anya rolled her eyes.

      "Thats if we still have it." Anya added, raising a brow at Kaz while he merely stared back at her, ignoring Jesper's questioning looks. They continued down the messy streets of Ketterdam and finally they reached their destination, pausing and staring up at the change made. "Told you."

       "Where's our sign?" Jesper asked, his voice full of exasperation as he looked up at the new sign hanging proudly where theirs once hung.