𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗙𝗶𝘃𝗲

ೃ࿔*:・✸⋆➶ ✧

ೃ࿔*:・✸⋆➶ ✧

      The bustling streets of Ketterdam were loud and chaotic as Inej and Anya weaved their way through, finding an odd comfort in the chatter that echoed through them. It gave them a small distraction for the hell they were about to face, unwanted memories flashing through them as they got closer and closer to it. They finally reached a darkened alley full of people, some buying food and some just talking amongst themselves.

      "If you're back for work, get changed." A woman told the two as they approached and a scowl formed on Anya's face as she tried to calm herself down, the nearby light flickering every so slightly as a warning sign. Taking a deep breath, she tried to control it, knowing that her anger was a trigger and she couldn't afford to lose control.

       The two girls made their way into the building, Inej was requested to Heleen's office while Anya was required to wait outside until they were done. She idly fiddled with her hands as she sat outside the office, waiting for Inej to finish. Flashes of memory came to her and she winced, recalling her own screams that had echoed through these walls, how she'd tried to fight it at first but eventually she grew tired of fighting and found herself unable to do it.

      When Inej stepped out the room, looking troubled, Anya was brought out of her memories and called into the room. Inej nodded at the young girl, signalling she would wait for her. Hidden in the action was safety, reassurance that despite it all they had each other, they'd always have each other. Anya stepped into the room and Heleen beckoned her to sit down and she rolled her eyes, complying anyway.

      "If you have any work, I'm afraid I can't do it." Anya instantly announced, trying to mask the fear she felt. "I work for Kaz Brekker now."

      "That's not entirely true." Heleen corrected the girl with a wide grin. "Mr. Brekker still owes five more instalments on you and Inej."

      "Regardless. We are on a job." Anya shrugged, holding her head high as she tried to grasp any confidence she could find.

       "That's not why you're here. Inej is on a job for me as well but you, I need you to work tonight." Heleen explained and Anya furrowed her brows, preparing to argue when the woman held up her hand. "If you want to go with Kaz you know you can't leave town without my permission, so...if you want to leave, you must be paid in full."

       "That's too much. Kaz doesn't have that and you know it." Anya argued while Heleen just tutted.

       "I could let it slide, if you worked tonight." Heleen bargained raising her brow at the young girl in an almost taunting manner. "All your debts will be forgotten."

      "What about Inej?" Anya asked worried for her friend. She wouldn't let her friend go through that torment alone.

      "I offered Inej a job. A different job." Heleen told her shrugging slightly when Anya asked what it was. "That's for me and her to know. Now, do we have a deal or not."