𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲

ೃ࿔*:・✸⋆➶ ✧

ೃ࿔*:・✸⋆➶ ✧

        Spinning his cane in his hands, Kaz moved to rest his hands on the top of it as he looked around. The group sat in a booth in the Crow Club, contemplation on their faces as they waited for a miracle to come down and grant them a way into the fold. Anya was seated beside Inej while Jesper sat at the end of their table, Kaz seated opposite the two girls. Silence consumed them as they racked their minds with possibilities, this was a million kruge, too much to let something as small as transportation stop them from acquiring it.

        "Here's what I don't get." Jesper began breaking the silence.

        "We're going to be here all night." Inej commented sarcastically as she had her finger pressed on the handle of her knife that was pointing against the table. There was small indents on many tables from where she'd tried to teach Anya how to do it but it didn't end very well.

        "Rude." Jesper replied as Anya placed her hand over her mouth to stop the laugh from spilling out. "Why haven't they tried going under it? Just dig a tunnel."

         "Jesper, if it was that simple don't you think people would have done it? People wouldn't fear it if it was that easy." Anya told him as Kaz nodded along with what she'd just said.

        "Tried that. More than a century ago. Something..." Kaz added, his voice low and haunting, "...heard them digging."

        "It was made hundreds of years ago by that crazy Grisha." Jesper began as Anya cut him off while looking up from the table.

       "The Black Heretic." She added to what he'd said prior.

        "The one who controls shadow." Jesper continued, ignoring the look that Inej had shot him. "They've got one in their army now, don't they? General Kirigan?"

        "Your point?"

         "If one of his kind made it, can't he unmake it?" Jesper asked and the group stared at him with mixed reactions.

       Anya pinched the bridge of her nose, wondering how someone so smart could come up with such ridiculous solutions. Inej seemed to mirror her thoughts, raising a brow at the boy. "Have you ever put out fire by adding more fire?" She question him, her voice slightly condescending as she spoke.

        "Then what's the opposite?"

        "A Sun Summoner." Anya answered and Kaz placed his head down slightly before lifting it up again at the reply.

       "Right, then, one of those." Jesper nodded at them, unaware of the annoyance written all over Kaz's face.

        "Doesn't exist." Kaz interrupted, receiving a look from the Wraith while Anya rolled her eyes at his lack of respect.