14,two months

Jadon POV,

📍Hampton Inn
NYC

"Jadon are you with Marsaii right now?" Jude's driving, but I can hear his voice clearly on the other end of the call, "nah I just got to my room, she's across the corridor from me"

"Okay good" there's a silence, "why do you ask?" he pauses before he speaks, letting out a breath, "her man might be cheating on her"

"What's that got to do with me Jude?" He lets out a breath, "with Aniyah" I put a hand to my mouth, "wow, you've told me and I still can't put together what this has to do with me"

"Just try to let her know?" I roll my eyes, "how sure are you?" He stutters, "like 99%", "what about the other 1 %" Jude doesn't speak, "just tell her"

I roll my eyes and end the call, her relationship isn't my business, right?

She ended ours so what's the point, plus Jude said it's a bit maybe, so I'm leaving it alone.

Jude POV,

📍infront of Marsaii and Oakleys apartment block

I'm sitting inside my car outside the apartment block, maybe if I wait for Aniyah then she'll come out. It's a weird detective plan but I think it's pretty smart.

I'm watching every person as they go in and out of the building, I look closely and watch as she steps out.

I grab my phone , taking pictures while she looks around and walks to a bench. She's got a small black bag and is in a slim silk robe with her hair parted to one side. Just under her robe you can see a red lace two piece pyjama set.

Her eyelashes are long, her lips a deep dried red colour and her nails missing, other than two on both her hands.

Weirdly her shoes aren't on, she's barefoot. One thing about her is she never moves barefoot unless she's really tired, like after a run or an event.

What events has she been attending with her best friend's boyfriend?

I step out of the car, walking quickly towards her, my phone is on the voice recorder app and is placed into my pocket. She notices me and tries to stand up, I get a hold of her shoulder, pushing her back down to the seat.

"Interesting outfit choice, how's your mum doing?" she tears up, placing her hand on my chest. "Jude babe I love you, I'm sorry this happened"

I scratch my head, "oh really?" while staring into my eyes, her lip quivers "h-he raped me Jude, I just wanted to see if Marsaii left me her hair straightener and oaks" she clears her throat "Oakley forced himself on me, I had no choice babe"

This bitch got me fucked up.

"Really? You had your phone though? Was there no way of communication?" She places her hand on mine, "no because I had no time" she looks into my eyes again and smiles, "it's over now though"