4, Dates

Marsaii Pov,

📍Masaii's apartment
7:30pm

"What am I meant to wear?" I throw out clothes all over my bed, I rarely ever go out and if I do it's once every blue moon. Unless Niyah drags me out and I have no choice to stay home.

"You go do your hair and makeup, I'll choose your outfit" she pushes me to my desk and forces me into the seat. I pick up a straightener and slowly brush through my hair, trying not to burn my neck.

"Marsaii 5 minutes get changed now!" I run to the bathroom grabbing the dress she left out on the bed. "Aniyah why is it so short?"

The dress is just under my thighs almost covering up, nothing I ever wear. All I know is that I'm going to be freezing.

I hear a knock at the door and open it, Aniyah squeals while grabbing my arm and spinning me around. "You look so cute!" I slightly smile as she passes me a cropped jacket and tiny silver bag.

I put on some small white Nike socks and my clean sleek black and white Nike panda dunk lows, I turn around and see Aniyah taking a bunch of pictures of me. "Are you okay?"

She's about to speak but a small knock is heard at the door making us freeze and Aniyah to plant a big smile on her face.

"Go answer it goo" she whispers as she pushes me towards the door and opens it running away behind me.

I see Jadon with a small bouquet of flowers at the door, "you look beautiful Marsaii" I smile as I take the bouquet, "I'll be out in a minute I'm going to put these away" he nods his head and I feel him watch as I walk away.

"Aww he got you flowers" she grabs them from me, "go don't keep him waiting" I walk out and close the door behind me, awkwardly smiling before moving next to him.

We walk down the stairs and outside of my apartment block, I look up and see Niyah sitting at the edge of the balcony. "Have fun love birds"

"Ignore her please" I say slightly laughing, Jadon smiles, "it's even worse when she's with Jude",  "by the way, we're going to an art museum" I turn to look at him, "I love art so much!"

"Yea same, I got the idea from Aniyah" I'm not surprised, she probably harassed him into going on a date with me.

We walk into a full  museum and walk around admiring each piece, I feel his hand slowly touch my fingers and hold mine, I interlock our fingers and we continue walking.

The place is mostly white, everyone's speaking quietly and there's no one who looks even mildly close to our age. They all stare us down as we walk through the exhibit and stop at certain pieces.

We stop at one piece, it's a basic black canvas with nothing but a gold 1st place medal on it, there's a man explaining to people what it could link to, they all look like old rich people who have nothing to do.

"maybe someone won the olympics?" I snicker as people turn to look at us and we awkwardly stand, I lead the way and we walk to a different piece of art. It's a tall boy, completely faceless with a football at his feet.

He's got the number 1 on his back and is in an all black kit. I turn my head and watch as Jadon quickly studies the picture, "football fan?" He nods, "yea I play"

"Oh really? What team?" He scratches his head and sucks his teeth, "they're nothing too big right now" I shrug my shoulders waiting for his answer, "they're based in Germany, Borussia Dortmund"

I nod, "I have no clue who they are" he laughs and looks back at the art on the wall, "but if you're playing football so well, why do you still come here? I'd be gone"

"I don't know, I just like the experience I guess, making new friends, creating new relationships" I can feel myself smiling as he speaks. But I'm not doing anything too quickly, less than 2 weeks ago I hated this man.

We leave the museum and feel the breeze of Birmingham's cold air slap us in the face, "I'm freezing" I can feel the goose bumps on my legs as I shiver in one spot, Jadon grabs my hand and we walk to the nearest kfc we can find.

"Wow Jadon, but stereotypical you brought me to a kfc on a first date" he turns his head to look at me, rolling his eyes, "racism is a crime bro" I walk over to a booth table, sitting on one side and placing my bag next to me.

Jadon comes over with a receipt and tray of food,"I'll go get the drinks?" I take the receipt and pick up our two chocolate milkshakes, sipping mine on the way back and swapping them.

I hand Jadon the sipped one and giggle as he starts to drink it, "I'm fully aware you swapped the drinks, I watched you do it" I smile, putting my hands over my mouth.

We sit and talk laughing about the most random things ever, he's a nice boy. As a friend I could see us getting closer because we have a lot in common.

@sanchooo10

Liked by @JudeBellingham,@AniyahW and 726,628 others

Art>>

It's nearly half 9, Jadon and I walk hand in hand as we approach the apartment building, "can I walk you to your door?" I nod and we slowly walk up the stairs.

We stop at my door, he turns to look at me, holding both of my hands. "Thank you for tonight Jadon, I enjoyed it" he smiles, "yea me too, thanks for saying yes"

He stares into my eyes and we stand slowly moving closer, I find my eyes twitching between his and his lips, him beginning to do the same.

I quickly lean in, leaving a small peck on his lips, he smiles slightly,

his hands cup my face pulling me in,

Maybe I didn't hate him that much?

⋆✩⋆
>Authors note
>no time to proof read
>opinions in the comments?
>trying my best on actually good chapters
But I've got so many assignments to do😖
> for people confused her names pronounced
    Mar-say I stole it from one of my favourite black women Marsai Martin ⭐️
>vote and Follow pleasee!!
>love you all🫶🏽