Chapter 8

Seonghwa found himself looking up at the old house, although there was a sense of familiarity he couldn't bring himself to remember a thing. With a sigh he followed behind Yeosang and entered the house quietly. His eyes scanned the place's outdated interior. Old circus and freak show posters decorated the walls and he spotted a bin full to the brim with old costumes near the front window of the house. As they entered the somewhat spacious living room that was full of clutter Seonghwas eyes landed on a pale man sat at a table. His eyes were fixated on a little cage that housed three mice.

"Grandpa.." Seonghwa could hear Yeosangs grandfather whispering soft words as he leaned down to the mice, was he speaking to them?

"Yeosang my boy, the mice told me you were coming with a friend.'' his grandfather spoke cheerfully.

"That wasn't the mice it was me grandpa.'' Yeosang moved over to open the blinds and let the sunlight peer through.

"Well where is your friend yeo yeo?'' His grandfather's cheerful and upbeat tone was surely contagious, it immediately earned a smile from seonghwa. Yeosang nods his head in your direction and as his grandfather's eyes set on Seonghwa his smile faltered.

"You shouldn't be here, the mice the mice said you'd return one day they said you'd be here.'' yeosang rests a hand on his grandpa's shoulder, figuring it was one of his episodes he left the two alone while he went to grab his grandfather's medicine.

"Mr bobinsky do you..You remember me?'' He took a seat and immediately the old man moved closer.

"Seonghwa, Park seonghwa listen to me, she's still there and the children who remain there haven't gone. You must leave that house dear boy, you may not be a child anymore but she's still searching. She's been waiting.'' Before Seonghwa could question him any further, Yeosang returned with his grandfather's medicine and a cup of tea.

"Seonghwa I wanted to help I really did, but I don't think grandpa will be much help in his state.'' Seonghwa eyed the old man as he slipped the pills past his lips before taking a sip of his tea. He silently sat back in his chair before humming a simple tune.

"Tootle too..tootle too.'' this little tune was one he had heard before, when? He hadn't known.

Back at the manor Hongjoong found himself angrily pacing the floor. It was late and neither Seonghwa nor Yeosang had arrived back home. He had gotten there an hour before the sun started to set and when he found out that Yeosang had taken seonghwa to see his grandfather he grew furious. He told Yeosang not to tell him anything, he told him not to do anything pertaining to the place. So when the door opened and he finally heard Yeosangs voice entering the foyer he stormed out of the green room.

"I told you not to fucking involve yourself Kang Yeosang.'' he was completely furious.

"Actually you told me to leave the storytelling to my grandfather that's exactly what I did.'' before Hongjoong could approach him and do anything he'd regret Seonghwa stepped in front of him.

"I asked him to take me since a certain someone finds it better to fucking hide shit from me.'' At this point the other guys had heard and they all flooded into the room.

"For a fucking reason Seonghw i've been not telling you things for a fucking reason.'' The atmosphere had now grown tense as the two screamed at one another.

"For what Hongjoong what's the fucking reason, what could possibly be so fucking important that you refuse to help me remember even the smallest details about this fucking place.'' hongjoong opened his mouth to speak but Mingi barged into the house disrupting the previous screaming match.

"There's a girl in the woods, she...I think she's dead.''