Chapter 31: No Secrets

I wake up the next morning in my boyfriend's arm. I can't believe I get to say that now. I glance up at his peaceful face and wish we could stay here forever.

"Buenos días mi amor," he whispers, his morning voice echoing in my ears. My expression melts, followed by his eyes fluttering open.

"Buenos días," I respond, snuggling into his chest.

"How did you sleep?" he asks, stretching his arm that's not around me.

I close my eyes as I soak in the glorious sound of his husky morning voice. "Amazing."

"That seems to be your favorite word," he says, referencing last night.

"You make it my favorite word," I say with a smile. I open my eyes again and am met with his chocolate brown eyes smiling down at me. "What time is it?"

He looks over his shoulder at the clock on the beside table. "Ten."

I groan, starting to free myself from his grasp.

"Where are you going?" he asks, capturing me back in his arms. They're wrapped comfortably around me, a cage keeping out all the bad things in the world.

"I need to shower, and don't we have to be out of here by eleven?"

"Don't worry about check out time," he says. I love how he's trying to make me relax, but not knowing is only stressing me out more. He must notice the tension in my body because when I don't respond he continues, "We have to be out of here by one, meaning we can go directly to the stadium afterwards, unless you need to pick something up."

He thinks like I do. I go back to hugging him, glad to know we have a little more time. "I have to pick up Evie and Alana, I'll text them to make sure right now."

Gavi passes me my phone and grabs his own. "I don't think you'll be needing to pick them up," he tells me, reading something on his screen.

I look away from my phone and at him. "Why not?"

He shows me his text messages from a group with Pedri and Alex:

Alex: So Pedri how was last night with Evie?

Pedri: Shut up.

Alex: That good then?

Pedri: Yes that good, how about you and Alana, huh?

Alex: Yeah we hung out, how about the silent Mr. Gavira? Was it worth ditching us for?

Pedri: He's probably still asleep, leave him be we can interrogate him later.

I raise my eyebrows. "I feel like we missed a lot."

"Worth it," Gavi mutters, pressing a kiss to my cheek.

I smack him with a pillow, despite loving the kiss and wanting another.

"What? Now I have a girlfriend!" he exclaims, throwing the pillow onto the floor.

I roll my eyes and use his temporary distraction of his phone to get out of bed and head over to the bathroom to take a shower.

"Hey!" he exclaims, dropping his phone on the bed and getting up as well. He follows me over to the bathroom. "I need to shower too."

"You can go after me," I tell him, knowing what's ultimately going to end up happening.

He looks offended.

"Kidding!" I say before he starts ranting. "But no funny business," I say strictly, sticking my finger to his bare chest. "I need to get clean, not more dirty."