Chapter 26: Friend Date

I've been home from our early morning training for a while when I finally force myself to get up and start to get ready. I still have serval hours before Gavi is coming to to pick me up, but I'd rather be prepared early than running late.

I've decided to go full out today, happy to have accompanying me the reminiscent memories of hanging out and getting ready with Evie and Alana before parties. I'll get to see them soon, tomorrow actually. They're flying in around ten in the morning and I'm picking them up with my car, gifted by Xavi. It's a bit of a flex seeing as I never had my own vehicle back home. Both Alana and Evie did, Alana's was a gift from her parents and Evie saved up and bought it herself.

In my room, I pull out all of my makeup and hair supplies and gather it onto my desk. I sit down on my desk chair in my cozy pajamas. I tie my hair back in a messy bun and try to delicately make my makeup perfect. I've never been particularly good at doing it because nobody ever showed me, but I've improved a lot since my first encounter with it.

About an hour later my makeup is completely done and my hair is perfectly straightened. I think I've done a pretty good job, adding a tinge of maroon to my eyelids to match my dress. My parents had my grad dress shipped to me in a hurry after my message and it came in yesterday afternoon. Now it's residing safely in my closet until I need it.

I head back downstairs to grab something to eat before I put the dress on; I definitely don't want to eat while wearing it. When I enter the kitchen my uncle looks up from his coaching tablet. "You look gorgeous mi sobrina," he complements me.

"Thanks," I say, heading over to the fridge. "What's for dinner?"

He goes back to clicking away on his tablet. "I ordered some pasta for us, it should be here any minute."

"Oh," I say, disappointment accidently slipping into my tone.

"You love pasta," he says, catching it.

"I do," I say, lifting my voice so it doesn't seem like I'm ungrateful. "It's just," I gulp, trying to swallow the tingling feeling in my stomach, "I'm really nervous right now and my dress is really tight around the waist and I don't want to eat too much heavy food before going to the event."

Xavi starts to get out of his seat. "I can order something else, we have plenty of time--"

"No it's okay," I splutter, "I'll get Gavi to come ten minutes earlier and we'll stop for Subway or something else light." Subway is my favorite before game meal, simply because it's filling but light and doesn't make me want to vomit.

I head back up stairs and relax on my phone for a while. I decide not to text Gavi to come early because I don't want to hassle him by making him take me somewhere. I'm not that hungry anyways.

Deciding it's time, I slide on my dress and stand in front of the floor length mirror I have set up in my room. I feel pretty. The dress I fell in love with while grad dress shopping is this simple, elegant spaghetti strapped, maroon gown. It doesn't consist of much detail, only the glossy fabric. It has a slit hidden in the fabric that rises up my calf and I pair the dress with some gorgeous silver strapped heels that shimmer. They're even fairly comfortable considering they're heels, which is a bonus. They double as my clubbing heels, even though I haven't technically gone clubbing in them yet.

I hear a knock at the front door and know it has to be Gavi, although it is weird he's knocking; he never knocks at Xavi's house, always waltz's in. I gather my phone and carry it down the stairs even though my dress has pockets. I'm going to make Gavi carry it so it doesn't weigh my dress down in a lopsided manner. I don't really need anything other than my phone since he's driving.

I walk down the stairs, holding the railing with my free hand when I look up and see him standing in the entrance, speaking with Xavi. He looks stunning. He's wearing a very simple black suit with a white shirt. Earlier he had asked me what color my dress was and now it's a apparent why: he's wearing a maroon tie. It puts a smile on my nervous face.