Chapter: Twenty five.

Wednesday immediately took the hand of Enid and guided her into the halls of the school, Enid sniffed as she slowly followed behind her. "Sit." Wednesday lowly mumbled, Enid sighed and leaned against the wall, slowly sliding down, she frowned and placed her knees together, Wednesday sat on the other side watching her, she didn't want to invade her space until Enid allowed her to.

"Great, I've been outed by my own mother." Enid sadly muttered, Wednesday glanced at her, she could clearly feel Enid was upset but she wasn't the best at comforting her either. Enid began to cry into her knees dropping her head in sadness, Wednesday annoyingly sighed and slowly crawled over to Enid. She quickly looked around for anyone and sat down next to the blonde, calmly stroking her hair, Enid still sobbed but she appreciated the effort Wednesday was giving her.

"You know you don't have to say anything Wednesday, I don't want to force you into something uncomfortable," Enid mumbled, "I'll listen to anything you have to say." Wednesday softly cooed, Enid scratched her nose and smiled slowly lifting her head, Wednesday slowly blinked and nodded at Enid as a way of reassuring her, Enid appreciated that.

"She's always been like this, I guess I was never supposed to be in her life, it's not can't Wednesday she treats my brothers so well but, she hates me..." Wednesday quickly exhaled and moved her hand to Enid's shoulder, she leaned her head against the wall and listened.

"Every day of my life she somehow reminds me I'm a pain in her existence, it makes me feel like shit, and no matter what I do she always haunts me... I guess that's why last year, was... So rough for me, but I don't want people to pity me, so I put on a fake smile, but Wednesday when I'm around you... I feel like I can be myself around you." Enid paused and turned to look at Wednesday, Wednesday blinked and shifted her body weight to match Enid's. "You know Wednesday, I meant what I said earlier, the first moment I saw you I was taken away by you, you're such a unique character and aren't afraid of anything...Yet you always made the time for me, how." Enid muttered.

Wednesday stared into Enid's bright blue eyes, Enid blinked as she started back into Wednesday's dead eyes, even if they rarely showed emotion Enid somehow knew what she was feeling...

"Enid it may alarm you but, I too felt the same way about you, you're passionate and stubborn, very stubborn, nonetheless, I somehow always felt empty when you were away from me, solving that case didn't matter to me as much as your safety did, that's why Enid, that's why I always made time for you, to make sure you were okay, even if I had a dull way of... Showing it." Wednesday lowly muttered, she felt weird saying that out loud.

"Awe Wednesday." Enid smiled and blushed Wednesday grunted and turned away from her, "Good you stopped crying." Wednesday blankly scoffed, Enid chuckled and placed a soft hand on her thigh, Wednesday blinked and looked down, she sighed and looked up at Enid, she couldn't help but grin. "I'm starting to rub off on you aren't I." Enid snickered, "you have me in a chokehold, just the way I like it." Wednesday chuckled, Enid blushed and pulled her in for a kiss, Wednesday closed her eyes and kissed her back, leaning forward as well.

"Oh, Enid." Yoko awkwardly muttered, Enid jumped and pushed Wednesday away, the girl growled and eyed Yoko in annoyance. "Uh- sorry, I was getting worried." Yoko nervously smiled, Enid chuckled and rose from her spot, Yoko smiled and walked up to Enid and hugged her, Wednesday huffed and got up as well, crossing her arms and glaring at Yoko.

"I'm glad you're okay, but Principal Ovid wants the two of you back, right now." Yoko awkwardly coughed, trying to avoid Wednesday's glare. Enid sighed and nodded, "we will be there soon." Enid calmly muttered, Yoko nodded and walked off, and Wednesday watched her walk away.

"I'll be there with you." Wednesday softly muttered to Enid, Enid smiled and looked down sighing. "Okay, promise." Enid pleaded, and Wednesday nodded, Enid smiled and started to walk back to the Quad, and Wednesday followed behind her, like a guard dog.