Chapter Six.

"Who would read this?" Wednesday glared at the book with pure hatred, she'd growl and slammed the book closed disguised by what she just read, "humans make things so much worse." She'd say as she'd stared at the cover, which read "Twilight, the new Moon."

"I should bleach my eyes." She'd scoff as she shoved the book away, grabbing her coffee as a distraction, once she picked it up she stared out the window and slowly sipped it. "People are so, interesting." Wednesday hummed as she'd watch all the civilians pass by. Not too soon, a familiar face walked in, Eugene.

"Eugene, what a surprise." Wednesday slightly smiled, her voice still blank, Eugene immediately rushed over and sat in the booth, "Wednesday, Hi, how have you been." Eugene chirped, taking off his glasses to clean them against his shirt, Wednesday hummed. "I've been, well, I was just assuming you weren't coming this year, but it seems like, you are, pleasant." She'd avoid eye contact with him, trying to focus on the window, and not his reaction. "Oh Wednesday, you haven't changed at all, it's fine, I knew sooner or later you'd somehow find me." Eugene chuckled, Wednesday gave him a slightly smirk and turned, "it is my nature." Wednesday hummed once more, Eugene smiled enjoying his friend's presence, "oh, I heard from a little bee, you have a cellphone now, is that true?" He asked, surprised. "Unfortunately, it was against my will and I barely use the thing, Xavier gave it to me, before we all had to leave." Wednesday grunted, tapping her fingers against the table, waiting for a response. "I have so many things to show you, have you tired video games?" Eugene asked, bouncing up and down, Wednesday glared at him and raised a brow, "video game? What is that, sounds torturous." Wednesday said intrigued, Eugene laughed. "I'd say some of them are violent, but I don't play those." He'd rub his head slightly embarrassed. "I figured." Wednesday said blankly, Eugene shook his head and chuckled at her statement.

"Hey-" Eugene began, Wednesday tuned her head and listened, "why are you out here, alone, you rarely go out you know, among people...?" Eugene asked, slowly, a bit nervous that he was about to get flung. Wednesday went stiff, she'd blankly stare at her hand, that was on the table, she didn't want to answer that.

"Enid invited me, but she's off somewhere, shopping, so I'd rather not let her torture me with her pastels." Wednesday lied, "let's hope that worked, or else I'll look like a fool." Wednesday thought as she stared at Eugene waited for an answered, the boy just hummed, and narrowed his eyes, "oh god." Wednesday internally groaned.

"I don't buy it, sorry to say." Eugene chuckled, Wednesday nearly sighed but just blinked slowly, Eugene waited for her to speak, seeing she was on edge, well more than usually.

"You've grown smarter for the months I haven't seen you, and it's annoying." Wednesday grunted, narrowing her eyes at the short boy sitting in front of her, Eugene just smiled, awkwardly, but he didn't interrupt her, Wednesday rolled her eyes and continued, "Edin invited me, but Ajax came along, I'm assuming the too are sucking face about now." Wednesday crossed her arms, done with this conversation,"ew..." said Eugene, "tell me about it." Wednesday thought.

"Let's just, head back to you're dorm, you don't seem to be enjoying it here, am I right?" Eugene suggested, Wednesday nodded but said nothing, "good, let's go catch the bus, before it leaves, it's 1:00 o'clock right?" Eugene asked , hovering over Wednesday, the teenager pulled out her phone and say it read "1:05."

"Perfect, the bus gets here at 1:45, and it is a 20 minutes walk, so come on, up and adem." Eugene clapped, making Wednesday angrily grunt, he immediately apologized as they started to walk, Wednesday lightly shoved into him, and smiled with her eyes, Eugene smiled back, happy.

As they continued their walk, a unpleasant feeling brewed in Wednesdays heart, yes heart. As the wind started to pick up, Edin and Ajax passed by, although across the other street, the two girls somehow caught each other's eyes, locking on, that one second felt like hours, but soon they got out of sight, Wednesday's eyes widened as she kept walking, luckily for her Eugene didn't notice, he kept talking about "Minecraft" unfortunately Wednesday wasn't listening, she was frazzled... "this can't be happen..." she'd panic internally.

To be continued

May have mistakes!