Chara : The Flower Shop

A request by garvioddis

I'm keeping it as gender neutral as possible.
After the barrier is broken.

Soft music played in the background as I watered my plants.   Owning my own flower shop has been so peaceful,  not to mention all the nice people I get to meet.   With that said the bell above the door rang,  letting me know someone just came in.   A person around my age by the looks of it,  about 21 I think?   Brown,  almost Auburn hair swished around at their shoulders,  blank face,  almost dull eyes.   Interesting.
"Good afternoon!  How can I help you today?"    They didn't answer and just looked at a bouquet of Gardenias and echo flowers,  whispering positive messages that spoke for my customers.

"Hope you have a beautiful day!"
"Doesn't lunch sound deeeeelectable?"
"Chin up bestie!"
"Spreading some good cheer!"
"If you're feeling down,  take a moment and smell a flower!"

The person leaned in and listened to the echo flowers spew positivity.    They sniffed the flowers and sighed,  a small smile graced ther face.

"Looking to buy some?"

".... No... I wanted to grab a singular flower and leave."
"Good to know,  didn't think I'd have such an amazingly short conversation with a single flower thief today.   I thought it would happen on Wednesday."

"... "

"... "

They picked up the bouquet and walked toward me with a smirk.
"Your not too bad,  I'm Chara."
"Y/n."
We shook hands as Chara set down the flowers and payed.
"Will you come back again soon?"
Chara chuckled and looked around the shop.
".. Nah.. I was planning on coming back in two year... Maybe."
"Mm... Ok.   I'll try and keep my flowers alive if they don't sell out."
Chara laughed and left with the Echos and Gardenias in hand.

5 weeks and 5 visits from Chara later

A bell ring and exhausted groan brought me out of watering a bouquet of Merigolds.
I let my eyes drift over to a slouched over  Chara.
"Why does life have to be so exhausting."
"Because life sucks a lot,  I've got your favorite Mango Strawberry Hibiscus Kvass in the back.  Help yourself."
"Ugh,  thank you N/n.   You're the best."
My face flushed at their compliment.
I knew after Chara's 3rd visit that I fell hard for them.  Their sarcasm,  looks, and personality are on another level.
Chara came back with a pint mason jar full of kvass and leaned against the register counter.
"You make the best kvass."  And down went 3 swallow fulls of the drink.
"Well,  I've been making it since I was 18.  I've had practice perfecting my technique."

Chara hummed in pleasure as another mouthful of kvass ran down their throat.
Since when did that look hot?   I swallowed as they licked their lips after finishing jar full 1,  knowing Chara there most likely will be 2 or 3 more.  And that's exactly what happened as I finished watching the plants.
Well,  almost finished.

Arms wrapped around my waist,  and Chara's him of contentment as they laid theor head on my shoulder reached my ears.   I felt so warm as I completed my task with Chara following me in the same position,  my heart racing the whole time.

Requests are still open in case more people are interested! 💗