chapter 2

SUGARHILLLDDOT started following you! DDOSAMA started following you! NOTTIOSAMA started following you!

DDOSAMA started following you!
NOTTIOSAMA started following you!

cynthia stared at her notifications for a few seconds, wondering how they had found her instagram. she slowly followed all three back, quickly looking through their posts before swiping out of instagram to think to herself. she wondered if them following her was a way of showing that they would be taking to her more now, or if they didn't actually have a reason as to why they followed her.

she wouldn't have an answer to her thoughts, so she pushed them aside to get ready for school that she had in less than thirty minutes.

she wore simple black leggings with a plan black hoodie and yeezy slides, and left her curly hair as it was, only fixing it a little. she curled her eyelashes and out on mascara, before rushing to put on deodorant and perfume. she grabbed her backpack, slinging it over her shoulder while grabbing her phone and then rushing out of her room.

she was met with her mother who was sat on their living room couch, waiting for her. "ready." cynthia spoke, bringing her out of the show she had been watching.

cynthia mentally rolled her eyes as sydney, her mother, looked her up in down as if she was trying to figure out if she wanted to judge something or not. she stood, slipping her feet into her slippers and grabbing her car keys, signaling for cynthia to follow behind her as she walked towards the front door.

the car ride to cynthia school was silent, as usual. cynthia didn't feel the need to make conversation with her mother as sydney only seemed to care if it was about school or something similar to it. so instead, she scrolled on her phone before pausing when she got a certain notification that made her heart speed up.

DDOSAMA
you could come outside today mh?

she read over the message a few times, before glancing at her mom and shaking her head. she didn't answer it, only shut and locked her phone as her mother pulled up to her school. and just as she did, the sight of three familiar boys laughing caught her attention.

she watched darrian laugh as ethan pushed david away from him as he tried to slap the back of his neck, before she turned to her mom who seemed to be also looking at them. sydney turned to her daughter, "you don't talk to them anymore?"

cynthia shook her head, stuffing her phone into her hoodie pocket as she opened and shut the car door, getting out. she sent a wave to her mother as she walked away, putting her head down as she immediately went inside her head.

event thought she acted as if she liked school for her parent's approval, she hated going. she hated that she would go most days without speaking a word to anyone, how everyone thought she was a quiet kid because she only have a few friends, but most of all, how lonely and bored she felt at all times. she remembered elementary school, when she was still close with david and ethan. she missed them, and even more now that they had spoken to her.

she felt her heart drop as she felt her shoulder collide with someone else's, getting herself ready to quickly apologize as she raised her head.

"yo-" the person started but stopped once they made eye contact. it was darrian, but cynthia still apologized. "i'm sorry-"

just as she finished her sentence, david who stopped when his friend did, cut her off by shouting her name. "cynthia! you just not gon answer my message?" he asked, dramatically putting his hand over his heart as he leaned back.

she chuckled, "i was going to.."

"when?" ethan sassily asked, squinting his eyes.

she rolled her eyes, "you know i can't, david." she finally said, answering his message in person.

david was about to scowl her for saying his government name, but remembered that she hadn't been around him in awhile and didn't know that he went by dd. he instead, rolled his eyes, knowing the reason she wasn't able to hangout with him was her mother. "ya mom gon be home?" he asked.

she thought to herself for a second before slowly shaking her head. "no?.."

david smirked, nodding. "i'll see you later, cyn!" he spoke, walking off.

"what does that mean?" she asked, turning as he walked, but he only ignored her.

"we gon get you out the house, dumby." ethan told her, pushing his head back with his pointer finger.

"what?" she exclaimed, not liking how that sounded. but ethan had already jogged off to catch up with his brother.

"you good, by the way." darrian spoke, excepting her apology for running into him. he looked her up and down for a quick second before walking off as well.

cynthia almost felt overwhelmed with everything that had just happened in the few minutes she had spoken to them. but the whole thing about them "getting her out the house" went away for a second as she watched darrian walk away. his voice had gotten deeper, obviously from puberty. his curly hair was out and he was dressed comfortably but nice, and he smelled good.

she quickly sped walk into the school building, realizing she would probably be late for class and would have to push her thoughts aside.