chapter 13

As cynthia felt calvin's breathe on her face, their lips inches apart.. her hand slowly raised and she placed it on his chest, pushing both him and herself back.

this caught him by surprise, as he looked at her, waiting for her to say something.. anything.

"i'm sorry.. i can— i.. i have a boyfriend." cynthia panicked, saying the first thing that came to mind. darrian wasn't her boyfriend, she was lying. she wanted him to be, and because of that, she wasn't going to kiss calvin.

calvin's eyebrows raised in shock, as he had been almost sure she didn't have a boyfriend. he wondered why she had never mentioned him in all of the things she had told him before, before slowly thinking to himself. "it's that 'darrian' guy, right?" he turning his head back to cynthia.

cynthia's stomach turned at the mention of his name, her heart beginning to speed up. she slowly nodded her head, "yeah." she responded, before turning her head away from calvin, breaking the eye contact.

she felt guilty, and bad all at once. she could tell calvin was bummed out, as his face and posture had dropped. he felt rejected.

"im so—" calvin cut cynthia off, not wanting her to apologize for something she shouldn't be sorry for.

"im gonna go see if they're ready to go.." calvin told her, slowly moving towards the ladder.

"okay." cynthia sighed, shaking her head as she turned it back straight. she looked down at her legs that hung off the roof before seeing calvin walk inside her grandmothers house.

she felt terrible. she wondered if she had gave the boy the wrong idea, or led him on in a way.

she took a deep breath before slowly moving towards the ladder and climbing down it. she put it back in it original spot, before slowly walking inside the house. as soon as the entered, she saw cassandra's head immediately lift to look at her, but she ignored the questionable look and walked straight past both her cousins and calvin, who had sat back down on the couch.

instead of entering the guest room, that she was staying in, she entered her grandmothers room. the room was dark, so she left the door open a little so the could see.

her grandmother was in a deep sleep, which meant she couldn't just ask her for her phone, she had to look for it.

she quietly looked around the room, trying her best to see with the tiny amount of light she had coming from the hallway. as she patted around the top of her grandmothers dresser, she felt a familiar object. she grabbed onto it, putting it more in the light to see it was her phone. she quietly exited her grandmas room, closing the door behind her before going to the guest room.

she turned on her phone, sitting on her bed as she waited impatiently.

as soon as her phone had turned on and loaded, all of her notifications had came through. the scrolled past the ones that were from her social medias, before stopping when she saw her messages.

David
yo cynthia
you got ya phone?
who that kid you taking picture wit on ig

cynthias eyebrows furrowed in confusion, completely forgetting about the picture she had taken on calvin's phone.

Ethan
who calvin?
you betta not be fuckin on somebody else luh girl
you ain't gon do my man's like that

cynthia rolled her eyes at nottis text, before continuing to scroll down.

Darrian 🩷
yoooo
you got ya phone taken or sum?

i miss u ma