chapter 21

Cynthia had never actually darrian. she looked at him in complete shock, as her whole body and mind froze and she didn't know what to say. she didn't actually get no time to, as serenity had came back and the group had all rushed out.

cynthia hadn't answered, because that's not what she wanted at all. she didn't want darrian to 'leave her alone' she just didn't want to fight with her mother anymore. she knew that was completely on serenity, but she knew her mother wasn't going to change her mind about darrian and her friends.. especially after she ended up in the hospital.

she just felt stuck. completely stuck in a situation where she didn't know what choice to make.

three days after cynthia had spoke to darrian, she had been released from the hospital. cassandra had helped her make it into her home, as she had been slightly limping, and had let cynthia know that she had told notti, ddot and dd that she was now home.

cynthia had expected darrian to send her a text or even call her, to ask how she was doing.. but when only notti, dd, and dee had, it left cynthia confused.

but that one day, had turned into five.

it had been almost a full week since cynthia had heard from ddot, again. but this time, he hadn't tried to text or her or anything. she still had her phone, and waited all day, everyday, to see if he would send any message, but he never did.

cynthia felt hurt, knowing he wasn't texting her or anything at all. there was always the obvious option of her texting him first, but she just felt like she shouldn't.

..until another day had passed, making it one day away from a week that they hadn't spoken, and she finally broke.

it was simple 'hi' that she texted, but it was still something. she had watched the message say delivered, and had glanced at her phone the entire day to see if there was ever any answer— but there wasn't.

more than a week had passed, and there was still no word from darrian. cynthia was recovering slowly, and could actually walk without so much of a limp. her body still ached, and there was still pain when she wasn't taking the medication the hospital had gave her, but she was doing much better.

the only thing was, she missed darrian dearly. it had made her extremely stressed, constantly watching her phone to see if he would ever send a message of call her. she had decided to turn it off, and stay off of it as much as possible to avoid the let down feeling she got anytime she would check it.

she didn't understand why he was avoiding her, but it hurt her to know he was.

cassandra walked into cynthia's room with a chick-fil-a bag in her hand, a huge smile on her face. though her face dropped when she saw cynthia's face buried into her pillow, the covers completely covering her body and her face looking directly at her tv. she looked exhausted, and cassandra knew she hadn't been getting much sleep.

a great part of her wanted to walk to darrians house and punch him directly in the nose, but she had a lot of self control stopping her.

"girl, get uppp." cassandra dragged, sighing to herself as she sat the bag of food down on cynthia's bed, before setting down next to her.

cassandra knew cynthia was in pain, but wasn't the only reason she was staying in bed.

"stop worrying about him texting you, mama." cass said in a soft voice, making cynthia smile.

cassandra always reminded cynthia of an older sister or a mother, as she had almost always treated her like she was her little sister or daughter.

cynthia sighed to herself, slowly sitting up and reaching into the bag of food. she stuffed a fry into her mouth, throwing her head back on her pillow as cassandra watched her with a slight chuckle.