chapter 8

as days went on and cynthia spent more time away from home, her parents continued to leave her many messages trying to get her to go home.

her mother knew that cynthia liked darrian and wanted to be around her old friends and even if she thought they were bad influences on her daughter, she just truly missed her. she thought that keeping them away from cynthia was what was best for her, as she didn't want her to hang around them and get involved in the wrong things and potentially mess up her future, and she was trying to stop cynthia from deciding something that she would later regret.

and cynthia, had realized that she liked her freedom. she liked hanging out with her friends and darrian.

watching them film music videos, sitting in the studio with them while they recorded new music, hanging out at ethan and david's home, her and darrian spending time together all the time, everything. it was all great, she finally felt like she was actually living and not being held down to live up to some 'good girl, studier' title that she really wasn't. but even with it all, she was also realizing that she missed her parents.

even if she wasn't very close with them she still missed them. she wondered if she went home, had a conversation with her parents about how it was her choice who she was friends with and who she want, how it could go. but she just couldn't decided if going home would be best thing to do.

like usual, the group of friends were sitting outside. each was doing their own thing, with cynthia sitting quietly, her head turned in the direction of her home that wasn't far from her as her mind filled with all the possibilities.

"you okay?" she heard next to her, turning her head to see justine who had came and sat next to her.

justine knew about what happened, as cynthia explained everything to her and khloe. and so justine could tell when she would be thinking about it, and how she pretended that it didn't bother her as much anymore.

cynthia nodded, humming as a 'yes.

justine titled her head, showing that she didn't believe her.

cynthia chuckled, "do you think i should go home?"

justine felt choked for a moment, not knowing how she should answer her friend. she took a second, before going with what seemed right. "if you think it's best, yes."

cynthia nodded, biting her lip. she knew that she couldn't continue staying with darrian, she didn't have nothing but two outfits of her own. she was constantly having to use his things and even if he said it was fine, she felt like she was invading his space. she was also only fifteen, she needed her parents.

she rubbed her neck, sighing to herself as she came to a decision. she looked over when darrian started to walk over to her, her eyes following him until he leaned down in front of her. "you ready?" he asked, and she nodded.

she said goodbye to all her friends, and then walked with darrian to his home. he kept his arm around her, keeping her close as he occasionally glanced down at her, wondering why she was being so quiet.

"you good, ma?" he spoke.

she nodded, "yeah."

he still seemed unsure, but shrugged it off for the moment as they walked inside him home, and to his room.

he watched as she sat on his bed and looked at him, and he furrowed his eyebrows.

"i'm going home." cynthia spit out, her shoulders dropping.

ddot knew that meant he wasn't going to be able to see cynthia for awhile, and that made his stomach hurt. he didn't do well away from her, he felt as if he needed her company to keep him comfort. but if cynthia wanted to go home, he was going to support her decision anyway.

"when?" he asked.

"tonight." she bit her lip, her leg shaking.

darrian could still hear the unsure-ness in her voice, and how she seemed so nervous about it. he pulled her up, wrapping his arms around her as he pulled her into a hug. "it's okay, mama."

she let out a breath, as she felt a little better just with his reassurance. she nodded, grabbing her backpack and stuffing her clothes back in them, before throwing it around her.

darrian walked behind her out of his home, feeling different emotions. he wanted to always be around her, keep her close. but he knew it was best for her to be home.

the walk was silent, but the two walked closely together. each others company was all they felt they needed.

as they reached the front of cynthia's home and cynthia saw the lights on, she let out a shaky breath. she turned and looked up at darrian, wrapping her arm around his waist.

ddot rubbed her back until she pulled away and looked up at him again, he grabbed her neck and brought her closer until their lips connected.

cynthia felt her stomach do flips, her face get hot as she gripped onto his waist. the kiss was long, and needy.

they both pulled away at the same time, their lips plump.

cynthia looked back at her house, finally backing up. "i'll see you when i can." she repeated what he had once said to her, making him roll his eyes but smirk.

"i'll see you, ma." he spoke, watching her slowly walk up to her house. she opened the door that was surprisingly unlocked, and gave him one last wave before walking inside and closing the door behind her.

he felt his stomach fall as he already missed her presence, he rolled his eyes, his mind filling with inappropriate things. he felt as if her parents were his biggest opps.

 he felt as if her parents were his biggest opps

AUTHORS NOTES:

sorry y'all i've been going through it fr 😔
my bookie played me 😒 and i haven't gotten over it yet but it's okayyyyyyyy yk he'll come to his senses eventually and realize i'm better

also this is kinda bad bc i have like no ideas at the moment so help??!?!?!?