chapter 9

"nah. how she not gon tell me she goin home? knowin we not gon be able to see her ass." david smacked his lips, dramatically feeling betrayed by his friend.

it was the morning after cynthia had went home, darrian had just now told ethan and david that she had decided she wanted to go home and that he hadn't heard from her since he dropped her off. it was obvious she was going to be in trouble, and again, her phone was taken.

ddot had been sitting, glancing at his phone every five minutes since the moment he had met up with hit two closer friends, and they had made sure to make fun of ddot and the attachment he had for the girl. it almost felt like deja vu, as he acted the same way last time she had gotten in trouble and her phone was taken. he seemed bored with everything and constantly checked his phone for a response.

meanwhile, cynthia laid on her stomach with her face stuffed in her pillows.

as soon as she had walked in her house her dad had took her phone, and minutes later both her parents had set her down and let her know that they were very disappointed. they had sat a lot, so cynthia had zoned out and missed most of it.

they both had barely spoke to her, and it felt awkward in her own home.

besides that, her mother had told her to pack a bag because they were going to visit her grandmother. her grandma lived in new jersey, so cynthia was going to be out of new york for a week or two.

she didn't want to go, but she obviously had no choice as her mother didn't even let her get a chance to speak. she simply told her to pack a bag, and then told her to go back to her room.

cynthia stuffed the things she would need in her bag, wondering how she was going to handle not talking to darrian for the next week or two. she was sure her mother wasn't going to let her have her phone, even if she was away in new jersey.

she heard her mother yell out her name, followed by a "let's go!" and she quickly threw her bag around her back, and walked until she met her parents in the living room.

as they walked to the car, cynthia looked over and down to see if she could spot darrian or her friends. she saw many figures standing around and assumed they were there, since they usually would be.

she sat in the backseat, tapping her hand along her thighs as she sat quiet. as the car started and turned she realized they would be passing the group of people standing outside, and she slowly rolled her window down.

her eyes landed on the familiar curly head, dd. and soon she locked eyes with ddot, who's head immediately raised when he saw the familiar car. cynthia heard her mother whisper things, but she still raised her hand and sent a wave to him before they passed quickly. and then she fell back in her seat, laying her head back as she dreaded her time at her grandmothers.

her grandmother wasn't a very mean woman, but she tended to be very judgmental sometimes and cynthia was sure that she had heard about her little 'running away' situation already, and she just didn't want to hear what her or anyone else had to say.

around twenty minutes later the car came to a stop in front of a familiar home. cynthia had been there a lot as a child, as she became a teenager she stopped going as much but the house was still the same.

she grabbed into her bag and got out of the car, following her parents into the house slowly as she sighed to herself in defeat. her mother knocked on the door, soon being met with a boy that cynthia had never seen before.

her eyebrows furrowed, confused on why this boy was answering her grandmothers door. he moved over, letting the family come inside. they all walked to the living room where cynthia's grandmother sat, next to one of cynthia's cousins that she hadn't seen in years.

cynthia's parents walked over and hugged the woman, greeting her with a hello and asking how she was. cynthia's cousin turned her head, and her eyes widened when she saw cynthia. "cynthia!" she exclaimed, jumping up and wrapping her arms around cynthia.

cassandra was cynthia's favorite cousin. they had been extremely close as children, cynthia had looked at her as her best friend. but they had just grown up and grown apart, stopped seeing each other as much and eventually just stopped talking.

"hey, cass." cynthia smiled, hugging her back.

"how are you? i heard about you running away with your boyfriend." cassandra raised her eyebrows, a laugh falling out of her mouth.

cynthia rolled her eyes, smiling a little.

"i'm glad you dropped the good girl act." cassandra told her, making cynthia chuckle.

as cynthia's parents finished talking to her grandmother, she sighed and walked over. "hi, grandma." she greeted, hugging her.

her grandma hugged her back, and as they pulled away and the woman looked at her cynthia knew, just by the look, that she was about to say something judgmental.

"i know, i don't wanna talk about it." cynthia quickly spoke, making her grandma chuckle and shake her head.

"oh, we're gonna talk about it later." she spoke, before saying her goodbyes to cynthia's mom and dad.

cynthia turned to them, wanting to beg them for her phone but getting nervous. "can i please have my phone while i'm here?" she asked nicely.

cynthias mom looked at her dad, who shrugged. cynthia's dad couldn't stay mad at his daughter long, he gave in very easily when it was anything involving her.

sydney sighed, pulling out cynthia's phone from her back pocket and handing it to her. "i guess."

cynthia thanked her and then said goodbye to both, before quickly slipping off to the guest room where she was going to be staying.

she sat her bag on the floor, and then sat on the bed before turning her phone on and reading through her notifications, and finally replied to darrian.

Darrian 🩷
yo you good?
i miss you ma 😒
you got ya phone yet?

cyn 🖤
hi i miss u

AUTHORS NOTES:

gonna try and update more, just been going thru shit and haven't been in the mood to update. i wanna finish this book soon tho so i'll write more when i get more ideas. i have a few now so as long as i'm not busy i'll write!

ignore any mistakes, didn't proof read!