chapter three

it had been hours since cynthia had gotten home and she was now home alone

it had been hours since cynthia had gotten home and she was now home alone. her parents had went to a friends house and wouldn't be home until the next morning, cynthia didn't know all the details and she didn't care to.

she was nervous, as david had texted her again letting her know that him, his brother and his best friend would be by her house later on that day. the time he had given her was only an hour away, and she felt she was going to have a panic attack.

it wasn't that serious at all, but she had never went against her parents so leaving the house after they had strictly told her she was allowed to go anywhere, had her panicking. even more with the fact it was with the three boys her mother really didn't want her around.

she had no clue where they were going, so she kept her previous outfit on and just re-curled her eyelashes, and sprayed more perfume on herself.

she sat in her living room scrolling on tiktok as she let time pass, she felt as the more she looked at the time the slower it seemed to go by. soon, the hour had passed and she had gotten a message from david, letting her know they were close to her home.

she took a deep breath, trying to calm her nerves as her mind filled with all the ways this could go wrong. she stood and walked closer to her front door, leaning against the wall as she waited and waited.

finally, she heard loud voices outside of the door. when one of them knocked, she too a second before opening it and then looked at the three.

she stepped outside her home, slowing closing the door and then awkwardly stood as they looked at her. ethan chuckled at her obvious nervous state, before turning on his heels and walking in the direction they had came from. "ight, we outttt." he dragged.

"where are we going?" cynthia asked the three, walking next to darrian and behind ethan and david.

"gonna chill on the block." darrian answered, turning to glance at her.

cynthia squinted her eyes, not too sure with what that meant exactly but still nodded. david soon slowed down so he was walking next to cynthia, and eventually all four engaged in a conversation about the things that had happened in their life since the last time they had hung out. cynthia was happy to be with her friends again, even if she had to keep it a secret from her parents.

eventually they reached a group of people that were sitting on a bunch of random stairs. most of them seemed to be older, but there were a few that looked to be around their ages.

cynthia recognized some of the men there as people that had been in david, darrian and ethan's music videos. she knew most of these people were involved in a gang, which made her get a little nervous.

she stood to the side as she watched the three boys she came with greet all of their friends by dapping them up or just walking up to them. after, darrian turned around and looked at cynthia, moving his head in a gesture that told her to come.