chapter 18

Darrian watched dee and notti walked away from him after he said he was fine, leaving him with a water bottle that he had drank until it was almost gone. it had sobered him up some, and left him with a headache.

he pushed himself up from the steps he was sitting on, heading in the direction he saw cynthia go.

he was stopped on the way by a few people that knew him, asking if he was okay and attempting to start a conversation but darrian wasn't paying any attention and he wanted to find cynthia.

he pushed past the people, only to be grabbed. he huffed aggressively, turning to see who was now pulling him father away from where cynthia was. a girl he had only seen a few times, but never actually met, was pulling him towards the side of the building.

"yo, what're you doin?" he asked, pulling his arm out of her grip once the reached the side of the building.

"you good?" the girl asked him.

"i'm chillin..." he spoke, confused on why she had brought him here.

"i'm fia." she introduced herself, smiling at him.

"that's cool." he nodded, looking behind him.

"you're ddot, right?" she asked.

darrian wasn't surprised that she knew his name, he was a rapper.. a lot of people knew his name nowadays. he nodded, humming a yes.

as the girl took a step closer, she rubbed his arm, making his face scrunch. he could now smell the alcohol that was all over her, it was clear she wasn't sober.

"why'd you fight that guy?" she asked, running her tongue over her bottom lip as she stared at his.

he shook his head at, "ion know but i gotta—" he was cut off as she closed the gap between them, grabbing onto his face to bring him closer.

ddot grabbed onto her arms, gripping onto her before pushing her off of him. her body hit the hard wall behind them, making her groan.

"what the fuck? i gotta girl!" he shouted, before scoffing and walking off.

as soon as he did, shots went off. he dropped, covering his head.

his breathing became heavy, and he looked over to see the girl also on the floor, looking ahead as she looked like she was going throw up.

"cynthia!" ddot heard, causing his head to immediately raise as fast as it could.

immediate fear and panic hit him. he wondered why her name had been yelled, and if something had happened to her.

that alone, sobered him up even more.

cynthia felt dd's hand wrap around her arm as he ran behind the other three, all the way to dee's car that was parked across the street. the group of five all rushed in the car, each breathing heavy due to them panicking.

dee turned around to cynthia, "you ain't find ddot?"

cynthia froze for a second, thinking back to what she had saw a few minutes ago. she had found ddot, but she didn't feel like having to tell them all that she found him kissing another girl, and she knew they would question why he wasn't with her if she had found him.

"um— no." she shook her head, making dee sigh.

as they saw the people that had been around, all running in different directions, cassandra moved her head to cynthia who looked like she was going through something.

her face looked uncomfortable, her legs were bouncing up and down and her hands were also shaking. cassandra knew it was probably because of the gun shots, but she wanted to check incase it was something else.

cynthia looked down at her shaking legs, her mind filling with many things.

she thought back to how ddot had reacted to just cynthia taking a picture with calvin.

she thought about how he had gotten so mad about it, and how he reacted when she had told him that calvin had tried to kiss her.

she had pushed calvin away, because of him. she didn't kiss calvin, because she wanted to be with darrian.

she felt like darrian was a hypocrite for acting the way he had about her and calvin, just for him to go and kiss some girl.

it hurt her to know that she had been so loyal to him, and he wasnt to her.

she wasn't as shook up and bothered by the gun shots that had went off, and she was by catching darrian and that girl.

she let out a scoff, just as cassandra had leaned over. she had laid her hand on cynthia's stomach, opening her mouth to whisper something to her, but immediately stopping and looking down.

cynthia could hear dee, notti and dd trying see if they could spot darrian anywhere, before they all whipped their heads around when cassandra spoke up.

"you're bleeding."

cynthia furrowed her eyebrows, looking down at cassandra's hand that was above cynthia's stomach.

it was covered in blood, and cassandra hand was now shaking.

"what the fuck?" she heard notti say, as he looked towards dee who stared at cynthia in shock.

cynthia had felt her stomach feel warm, as her and dd had been running to the car.. but that was pretty much it. she had just guessed that seeing darrian kiss someone else had brought her that feeling, but she was wrong.

cynthia had been too worried about ddot, that she hadn't even noticed that she was in a great deal of pain.. or that the warm feeling she was feeling, turned into a wet feeling.

cynthia looked up at notti who was in the passenger seat, her breathing becoming heavy as she started ti lift up her shirt.

a gasp was immediately heard from cassandra, as well as curse words that came out of all three boys mouths.

there was a fresh bullet wound on cynthia's stomach, as blood was pouring out of her.

it shocked cynthia that she hadn't even noticed, but after the shock, it was fear.. and panic.

dee panicked, immediately starting his car and heading in the direction of the hospital.

cynthia's breathing got heavier, as she rushed to put pressure on the wound.

"oh my god... oh my god." cassandra whispered, tears leaving her eyes as she placed her hands on top of cynthia's, trying to reassure cynthia and herself that cynthia would be okay.

cynthia felt tears stream down her face, before hearing the sound of a phone ringing.

"ddot, bro, where the fuck are you?" she heard notti say, letting her know he was on the phone with ddot.

she couldn't hear what ddot said, only what notti replied.

"cynthia got hit."

'darrian don't put me in danger, grandma.'

'promise me you won't put yourself in danger.'

'i promise.'

'she's just scared something going to happen to you.'

'he isn't someone you need to be around, cynthia.'

________________

AUTHORS NOTES:

lol

8k!!! 🙏🙏

.