chapter 5

as cynthia climbed through her bedroom window, her heart pounded with anxiety as her mind filled with all the things that her parents were about to say to her

as cynthia climbed through her bedroom window, her heart pounded with anxiety as her mind filled with all the things that her parents were about to say to her. she looked down at darrian who still stood below her, trying to give her a reassuring look, but he himself, was worried for the girl.

he knew how her parents felt towards him and his two closets friends, so for them to find out that she snuck out with one of the them in the middle of the night? it wasn't going to end well.

darrian thought that he was being smart about the whole thing. he was quiet in her house, and had made sure that the two were quiet leaving her house. cynthia had told him that her parents were asleep, so why did they go in her room?

cynthia sighed lowly, giving darrian a small wave before closing her window and turning around.

almost immediately, her room door swung open and her heart fell down to her ass. both her parents stood at the door, her mother with her phone in her hand and her father looking at her with a disappointed look.

they were both visibly very mad, and cynthia didn't do nothing but stand there awkwardly. the looks on their faces said everything they were probably going to say.

she thought to herself, wondering if the almost two hour long walk she spent with darrian was worth what kind of punishment her parents were going to give her.

"cynthia." her mother let out, inhaling sharply like she was trying to keep herself from blowing up in her daughters face.

"what the hell were you doing?" her father let out, his voice raising slightly.

"were you out with darrian?" her mom asked, making cynthia furrow her eyebrows on how her mother knew that information. she was sure her mom didn't remember darrian, david and ethan's names.

she still stood quiet, knowing that she was caught and there was no way she could get out of it.

her parents stood, staring back at her like they were waiting for something to come out of her mouth. but when nothing did, her mom just shook her head "you told me you didn't talk to them anymore."

cynthia raised her eyebrows, opening her mouth to say something but she didn't know what the right thing to say was.

her mother looked at her for a couple seconds, before just putting her hand out, "give me your phone."

cynthia pulled it out of her sweatpants pockets, slowly handing it to her mother.

"it's late, we'll talk about this later." her mother spoke one last time, before both of her parents left her room.

cynthia let out a breath, dropping on her bed as her mind filled with regret. she had enjoyed her time with darrian, but she felt as if she shouldn't have left her home, and maybe them being caught could've been avoided.