~29~

[Note: since I am updating after a very long time I recommend ya'll to go through the last chapter once, to remember what was going on]
~*~
I take deep breaths once I complete, tears rolling down my eyes. The sound of gasping fills the room. Not me- Aron.

I look at him with teary eyes- "You- you love me?" his voice breaks as he drops to his knees and runs his hands through his hair.

I hold myself back from going to him to give him a tight hug. Instead, I turn on my heels and make my way outside the room, "I hate myself for still hoping" I whisper loud enough for him to hear before making my way out of his bedroom, his life, his heart.
~*~
Aron's POV:

My legs give up and I drop to my knees, still running my hands through my hair -trying to ease the stinging pain bubbling inside my chest.

Of course, she loves you, Idioit.

It's not like I didn't know Val had real feelings for me, but, hearing those words from her mouth did things to me I don't know how to describe.

It makes my heart go wild but at the same time, it haunts me like a motherfucking nightmare.

I don't remember for how long I sit like this but I am taken out of my misery as I hear the sound of shoes clicking on the wooden floor, within a minute Marco's legs appear in the line of my vision, I look up to see Marco looking down at me apologetically.

I take a deep breath and stand up while giving Marco a simple shrug in response.

I try to dodge him but he stops me by my wrist before I have the time to reach the door, "Don't you forget I am your boss at the moment, Marco" I snap at him.

"Well, fine then, if not as your best friend but as your PA, I am asking you to please not make a dick move.

"No one here is making a dick move, Marco," I say desperate to end the conversation. "Is everyone still outside?" I add while making my way outside.

Marco sighs, knowing too well I am trying to change the topic but he doesn't calls me out on that instead he tells me that everyone is still outside waiting for me.

We walk towards the office in awkward silence, I could sense Marco's gaze burning through me from behind, "Say it." I call out, rolling my eyes

"What?" Marco replies dryly.

"Stop acting like a pussy, Marco. I know you well enough to know you want to say something." I reply without glancing back at him.

"The least you could do is look at me while talking to me, Asshole, sorry I meant boss." he spits, his voice filled with sarcasm.

"Stop with this shit, Marco, and say whatever you want to say."

"I AM GAY!" he shouts.
That makes me halt and turn towards him with wide eyes. A knowing smirk takes over his face and he winks at me.

"Oh, hell no." I scoff. "Seriously, Marco? What are we, four?"

"Well, that was the only way I could make you look at me." He casually shrugs.

"Whatever. Now spit it out. We have work to do and assholes to kill" I say seriously.

"Aron, I know you don't want to talk about it but you're my best friend, Aron. And deep down even you know you love Val. I've seen the way you look at her. Please don't do this. " his voice slightly breaks as he finishes.

Do I love, Valentina?
Fuck. I don't know!

"Marco...I...I don't know, man. Everything has happened so fast. My priority right now is to find the person behind Sophia's murder. And to be honest, I don't think I deserve to be loved, Marco. By dad or by Valentina. "