~20~

I chuckle and move closer to him. "Teach me how to touch you, Aron" I whisper into his ears and see his cock hardening.

There were three more orgasms after this.
~*~
Aron's POV-
I wake up with a smile on my face after a very long time, I never sleep in the same bed after having sex but last night I couldn't get myself to leave Val, I have no doubt it was the best sex of my life, being inside the woman I feel safe with and trust the most can't be described in words. Right now having her in my arms and seeing her sleeping peacefully cuddled around me feels incredible. I've never cuddled after having sex actually I've never cuddled. Period. But if this is what it feels like cuddling? Then I missed so much in my life.

I slowly get up from the bed leaving a light kiss on her forehead making sure not to wake her up in between.

Ever since I talked to Val about my mother I started feeling better, like the holes in my heart started filling with love again, like now I can see my mother's photo and not cry unlike before.

Val's doing so much to me without even knowing, she makes me feel alive like I was before maybe more than that, what kills me is knowing that my father won't stop until I kill her.

I know her death is close because we've already conquered most of the mafias, now it's just Val's brother, Cardan's Mafia we need to conquer, and then she's dead. I'll do anything to protect her even if I have to beg my father for her life I'll do it. I know she is no harm to our mafia. That woman probably never even saw a murder before she killed that woman in the hotel. I have no idea why my father thinks she is a threat.

But then again he has something against Val, I figured this much out as he hates Val so much and I know it's not just because she's his enemy's daughter also last night he said something like 'It'll be such a view for me to watch once Aron gets to know about the real truth about his innocent mother's death, right Mrs. Martinez?'

Which truth was he talking about?

I was going to ask Val about it but by her expressions, it looked like she was confused too, so I thought it's better not to bring it up again and put pressure on her.
~*~
I dry my hair with a towel and hand it to Evelyn, our housekeeper, before walking inside my office.

"Would you like some tea, Aron?" Evelyn asks from outside knocking on my door.

"No, thank you, Evelyn," I say politely. Evelyn has been the caretaker since my father was a teenager, she knows about our family more than we know about each other and ever since mother died she's been taking care of me like her own child because she couldn't have one of her own. I'd probably never admit it to her but I love her more than I ever loved my mother.

I walk around my office to find some old files on the Santos to know more about Val's father's death. I remember what she told me the night she was drunk, about her killing a woman her father was cheating on her mother with and them planning on making their own mafia, since then it's stuck in my mind and I've been doing everything to find out more about it.

I go through some more drawers searching for the files, but I stop when my eyes catch an old photo of.....my mother. I pick it up and move my hand over the glass frame. It's of her last birthday with us, she's smiling- she had a smile that could light up the whole room, Sofia and my mother share the same eye color while I have the same hair color as hers. I wonder if she would have ever imagined she'd die after a few months by her own husband's hands, my mother loved father, but they were always fighting. I used to keep a photo of hers in my bedroom when I was small so that I can hold it tight whenever father had his mafia members at home, mother always accompanied him because father loved when mom was by her side and not like her friends who just sat at home to gave children to their husbands, from what I remember father respected women a lot, but he has changed since mother died, father would've never called Val a whore back then like he did yesterday.

I personally asked Evelyn to remove all the photos of mother the very next day she died, I couldn't see her photo without crying and I didn't want anyone to show my weakness. But it's time to change. I walk over to my desk and put the photo of mother there, I settle down in my seat staring at the photo for minutes before a knock on my door interrupts me.

"I don't want tea, Evelyn" I shout from my seat loud enough so she can hear it outside.

The doorknob turns, "it's me Aron baby" someone says in a fake seducing voice while stepping inside.

I look up and let out a laugh shaking my head. "If I were you I wouldn't speak to me like this, Marco"

"But you are not me" he winks and stops in front of my desk.

"So...?" I ask lifting my eyebrows.

"So...I've got the information you needed, you can thank me later, baby," he says while handing me a file.

"Stop calling me baby or else I'd think you're into guys or specifically me," I say taking the file from him.

"You wish" he scoffs.

"What did you find though?"

"Dude I gave you the file go through it and find out, I know you're a busy man and all but I've got a date to get ready for." He says proudly, the corner of his lips lifting into a smirk.

"Since when have women started dating pigs?" I joke.

"Since Tina married you"
Tina. God, I'm envious of their friendship sometimes.

"If you're done, Marco you can get out and get ready for your Date." I say looking towards the exit obviously not coming up with a comeback.

"Oh, is Aron baby out of comebacks." He pouts. I stand up glaring at him and drag him outside my office.

"Bye, Marco," I say before closing the door in his face but he stops it before I close.

"Okay okay I'm sorry," he says between his laughs. "But two things- first you don't have to go through the file I gave you, just know that Valentina's dad was actually murdered on 3rd January in a hotel and umm...Sofia- I mean me and Sofia want to tell you something. So I'll be with her here today evening..you'll be home right?" he adds.

"Yes, I'm home."

Marco and I say goodbyes before he goes back to the hallways and I come back to my desk thinking about the information Marco gave me.

Something is not right.

Valentina's father was murdered on 3rd January and her family doesn't know about it. 3rd January is the day my father murdered my mother. 3rd January is my birthday. Valentina's father died when she was in the hospital after she killed the woman who was sleeping with her father. Which means Valentina killed the woman somewhere near the 3rd of January....or maybe on the 3rd of January itself?

Is there even a connection between my mother's murder and Mr. Santos's murder?

I'm missing something, but what is it?
_______________________________________
A/N
Qotd- From which book you started 2023?
I just completed Punk57 by Penelope Douglas.
Heyooo! How was this chapter?
Also, my preboards 2 are starting from the 10th so I might not be regular.
Note- Trigonometry sucks *random ik but I wanted to say this lmao*
And and tysm for 60k reads!!!!🥺
.
4/1/23