Not Friends

I'm back at Chaeryeong's place now. I guess while we were gone, it was decided that we're all gonna hang out together. Normally, I wouldn't care but the image of Karina in her towel is still in my head so it's hard for me to look at her.

I'm also thinking about Yeji. I wonder if she's okay at the house. Will my mom hurt her again? I can't believe she actually slapped Yeji.

I am occasionally sending a text to her to make sure she's doing okay and I'm doing okay. I don't know how I feel about her caring about me like this. I don't know why but it's making me confused. Am I happy that she cares?

I'm also texting Yuna to let me know if anything happens and I'll come back right away. I could have asked Beomgyu to update me but I thought it might be weird to ask if Yeji is doing okay when he's home and he can take care of her.

"Ryujin" my best friend nudges me.

"What?" I ask while looking confused.

"We've been calling your name for like five minutes now" she exaggerates.

Chaeyeon and her friends are also looking at me.

"Sorry. I must have zoned out" I sheepishly smile.

"You okay?" Chaeryeong asks with a worried expression.

I smile, "I am. Just got lost in my thoughts."

"Now that Ryujin is back with us, we should play a game" Chaeyeon claps.

"What game?" Chaeryeong is hesitant.

"Truth or dare" the older sister excitedly announce.

"What are we? In middle school?" I tease.

"With your mindset, anyone would believe it" she implies that I'm immature so I flip her off which is probably proving her point but I just can't let her win.

"Are you down or no?" She asks.

"Do I have a choice?"

"No" my best friend answers.

"Great" Chaeyeon stands up and walks to me.

"What are you doing?" I ask as she pulls me up.

"We have to sit in a circle and we have to be alternating" she explains.

"Why?" I furrow my brows.

"Because if you and Chaeryeong are sitting together then you might go easy on each other."

"When has your sister ever gone easy on me?" I bring up a good point and she laughs.

"Just do it" she forces me to sit down between Karina and the other friend named Sakura.

Once we're seated, I notice that Sakura and Chaeyeon are sitting next to each other.

"What if you go easy on each other because your friends?" I mock her.

"When have any of my friends gone easy on me?" She says while making an annoying face.

"Let's just play" Chaeryeong sighs, "I feel like the oldest here."

"You're an old soul and I love you for it" I wink at her and she sticks out her tongue.

"Okay that's too mushy. Who wants to go first?" I don't understand why Chaeyeon wants to play truth or dare so badly.

No one volunteers.

"Chaeryeong will go" Chaeyeon volunteers her younger sister.

"Sakura, truth or dare?" She asks.