Brunch

It's Sunday morning and I'm home now. I didn't want to be home this early but I thought making my mom more mad by staying away will just make things worse.

After all the drama from the last two days, I feel like I can sleep for weeks and anyone who tries to wake me up will fail.

Karina also has my number now. She texted me as soon as my brother picked me up. I can't believe someone is actually interested in me that's not Haechan. Am I gonna get my first girlfriend soon?

She seems kind and her intentions towards me seems sincere too. I think she knows that I'm closed to Chaeyeon so I don't think she'll jeopardize their friendship to toy with me.

A part of me is all excited and giddy over this though. This is the first time I actually have a chance to get into a relationship. She's the first stranger that knows that I'm into women. I wonder how things will blossom between us.

I might be getting ahead of myself but I'm excited to see what's gonna happen. I might finally know what it feels like to have feelings for someone. I had a crush on Lia but that was it, just a crush.

While laying in bed, my stomach starts growling from not eating anything this morning. I stand up to go to the kitchen but on my way there, I decide that I should ask Yeji if she wants to join me. I'm trying my best to make her feel comfortable in the house. I'm sure Beomgyu is doing that but he might not do a good job at it.

I'm not sure what changed. I always talk about Beomgyu's ability to be incompetent a lot but I seem to be thinking about it more lately. Especially when it comes to Yeji. For some reason, I'm really protective of her.

I think it's because I can relate to her loneliness but I don't know so I can't say for sure.

I'm about to knock when I hear my mom's voice inside. I can't clearly hear what they're saying so I carefully press my ear against the door. 

"Did you really think that if you could seduce my son then I would let you stay here? I see what you're doing. You're even trying to get close to my daughters so they'll go against me. Your sad pregnant act might be working on them but not me. How much do you want? Its just the two of us now so you can be honest."

"I don't want your money" Yeji states.

"Then what do you want? Beomgyu is not ready to be a father. I'm not letting you ruin his future. You're also a bad influence on my daughters. I don't want them to end up like you. I'll pay for you to live somewhere else. I'll buy you a house and pay for your doctor appointments."

"I don't want my kids to grow up without a family. My parents wanted nothing to do with us but I thought maybe the father's family would. If it was just me then I would leave right now but I have to put my pride aside for the sake of my baby. I don't enjoy living here either but I'm doing it because I don't want my child to be homeless and I don't want my child to wonder why they don't have a single family member except for me."

I adjust my position carefully. "This pregnancy wasn't just on me but I don't think I've ever seen you get mad at your son like how you are with me. What if it was the other way around? Your daughter makes a mistake, would you throw her out? Would you protect her like how you're protecting your son?" Yeji stands up for herself and I feel a bit proud for some reason. 

"You must be so shameless. Talking back to me. I should kick you out right now. My daughters are smart enough to never put themselves in your situation" My mom scoffs and I put my hand on the doorknob. 

Before I can do anything else, the door opens with my hand still on the knob. 

"Ryujin" Yeji looks like she's been crying. How long has my mom been in here that Yeji looks like she's been crying for a while.