Actions Over Words

"Yeji? Are you okay?" My brother is outside Yeji's door, waiting.

When we got home, Yeji went straight to her room. We've been hearing her crying a lot but she doesn't want to talk to anyone.

Beomgyu is lost because he wants to help Yeji but he doesn't know how. At least our parents aren't home so we don't have to deal with their questions.

I'm in my room with Yuna with the door open so I can hear what's going on outside.

"I can't believe Yeji's parents did that to her" Yuna feels bad.

"I know" I sigh.

I am worried about Yeji. I'm sure excessive crying is not good for the baby. I don't even think she has water in her room so what if she gets dehydrated?

"Yeji, please let me in. Let me be there for you" my brother begs. I admire his determination because it's been hours since we got back and he hasn't left his position outside her door.

I can't imagine what Yeji is feeling right now. To have your family turn their back on you instead of supporting you has to hurt a lot.

"Maybe she'll talk to you" Yuna looks at me.

"I don't want to overstep. Beomgyu is right there" I say.

A couple more hours pass by and Yuna is in her room now because we still have school tomorrow. I got ready for bed too because as much as I want to comfort Yeji, I don't think my mom would accept that as a good reason to miss school tomorrow.

"Ryujin, can I come in?" My brother lightly knock on my open door.

"Sure" I sit up and put my phone away.

"Take me to her parents" he's talking crazy.

"What?"

"I want to give them a piece of my mind for hurting Yeji. She doesn't deserve all of this. Why are they being assholes to their daughter?"

"There's no sense in talking to them" I try to explain, "I was there. No matter what you say to them, they won't see your point. Yeji getting pregnant this soon wasn't in their plan and they don't like it so they want nothing to do with her."

"That doesn't make sense. I got Yeji pregnant but even our mom is not like that" he states.

"Yea but remember that our mom also blamed Yeji for getting pregnant" I remind him.

"I don't know how to make things better, Ryu. I feel like this is all my fault. Yeji is suffering because of me and I don't know how to fix it" he tears up.

"You just have to wait for her. Clearly, she wants to be alone right now. She'll come out when she's ready" I try to cheer him up but I don't know if it did anything.

"I feel so helpless. I want to take care of her and make her happy but sometimes I feel like she won't completely let me in" he sighs.

"What do you mean?" I ask out of curiosity.

"I don't know. I'm not sure if I'm overthinking things or what but when we hang out, I notice that whenever I think she'd loosen up and drop her guard down, she brings it back up. It's random too. It's like she wants to try things with me but she doesn't have feelings for me so she tenses up. I don't know."

"I'm not expecting her to like or love me right now. I'm doing everything I can to earn her love but it's harder than I thought. There are times when I feel a bit discouraged but I'm not giving up unless she tells me to" he continues.

"You're okay with that?" I raise my brows.

"I can't force her to like me. Even if I try, you'll be there to stop me. You'll say something about respecting women blah blah blah" he teases and I flip him off.