38. Daniel

One more update tonight because I wrote this a couple days ago, and I am HORRIBLE at building suspense for too long. 😅

I originally planned for this book to get super dark, but I changed it up a lot. This is coming out much fluffier than I expected.
********************************************

I was furious. Livid. Irate.

Or whatever was the most angry, most hate-filled thing a person could ever feel.

I was that.

Furious at Orion and that other guy for taking Emma. Angry at them for putting their disgusting hands on her, for hurting her, for making her cry. Traumatizing her even more than she likely already was.

Irate with Emma for leaving the house after I told her to stay home and lay low. I told her to lock the fucking doors and not to answer for anyone or let anyone inside. I told her not to leave without me. I was very clear.

I could not have been more fucking clear.

After I pulled Orion off the bed and stomped my foot on his face and still-erect cock, I beat the shit out of the other guy who'd been trying to jam his tiny dick into Emma's mouth.

And then I stomped on his dick, too.

Lars finally intervened and pulled me away before I could finish off Orion, and then Maxwell came stumbling in to help restrain me.

"Emma, what happened?" Lars asked her, his voice sounding pained and on the brink of tears.

Emma was sitting on the bed, staring down at Tiny Penis guy's unconscious body in shock.

"I went to the market. I wanted to make dinner for our anniversary." She whispered, eerily calm as she stared down at the guy's bloody, weird-looking penis.

Honestly, I didn't care what she had planned. What the reason was for her leaving while I was at work.

And I wasn't trying to be a dick or be controlling, but Orion was fucking obsessed with her. He was growing more unhinged by the day, and I needed to get us the fuck out of here. Now.

Max and Lars finally subdued me enough to let me go, and I silently scooped up Emma and walked out of the house. I could hear Orion's furious, agonized voice calling from behind me, "We're going to have a hearing! You've failed her, and I'm taking her back!"

I ignored him and kept right on walking.

I knew I was fucking things up between me and Emma when I screamed at her. I fucking berated her and projected all my rage at her after she'd been fucking raped.

I looked at her and I saw Sienna, trying to rile me up and get me to react.

And holy fucking shit, did I ever react.

But she was nothing at all like Sienna.

The furthest thing from her. She didn't deserve any of that. Not from Orion. Not from Tiny Dick Guy.

Not from me.

So I was angry and furious and irate with myself too.

I was going to have to beg for forgiveness and hope she didn't already hate me. Pray she'd just fucking stay put and let me protect her. Pray she'd never leave the house without me again, despite having to put up with an asshole like me.

But first, I needed to handle this.

I knew shit was going to escalate soon.

There was going to be a community hearing, likely because Emma wasn't pregnant yet and Orion hated me and wanted to impregnate her. He obviously thought I was a shit husband, and he was obviously right.

But if I was shit, he was the maggots that ate the shit.

Emma deserved so much better. Someone her age who protected her better and didn't scream in her fucking face like it was her fault that a psychopath had abducted and raped her.

And I was going to get us out of here and make sure every man who laid eyes on her was worthy of her kindness and love. Anyone who ever fucked with her would be fucking with me, too.

And I wouldn't fight my genes. I wouldn't fight the voice of my father, egging me on. Luring me to violence and darkness. I would show them all just how unkind and how very not good I could really, truly be.

I sprinted out of the house, heading straight for Orion's mansion, determined to inflict all the hurt on him that he'd inflicted on Emma. I'd shove my foot down his throat like his friend had been about to shove his tiny cock down Emma's.

Then shove the nearest sharp object I could find up Orion's ass, since I was pretty certain he didn't have a vagina. But I was fairly confident I could just make one for him.

I'd be more than happy to allow him to pretty accurately experience exactly what he did to Emma and to all the other girls around here. With a broom or anything he happened to have laying around that would get the point across.

I was planning it all out, already imagining how beautiful it would sound as he begged me for mercy. Begged for his life. Already knowing that I'd just smile. Knowing that he'd receive no mercy, no grace, no mature conversations, since he hadn't extended that favor to Emma.

But just as I was about to turn onto his road, someone roughly yanked my arm, and then quickly handcuffed my wrists together.

Lars.

"You need to come with me before you do anything stupid." He told me quietly, with barely contained rage. I struggled against him, but it was hard to gain the upper hand when I couldn't use my hands.

He wrapped his arms around me and put me in a chokehold from behind, then lowered his mouth to my ear and muttered, "I know. I know you're mad. I'm mad too. You can yell. Fight back some more, if you want. Make it look like I'm arresting you... We don't need anyone to know that I'm on your side."