Chapter 24

Ava stayed in the hospital for three days straight. She didn't eat until Diana forced her. She didn't even take her bath. She looked like a serious mess. Her hair was rough and her eyes were puffy and she had dark circles under them.

    Every time she thought Adrianna made a move it turned out wrong.  She watched as the monitor showed green curved lines, showing she was breathing. She took her hand and kissed it, talking to her like she was listening.

    Cassandra and Diana witnessed it and Cassandra thought she was losing it. "I want to watch the sunset with you and maybe even sleep on the roof with you. What do you think?".

       The two girls leaned on the door and watched her. She would smile and tell her funny things that happened in the past.

   Weeks passed and still no sign of Adrianna waking up. The doctors were afraid she might have slipped into a coma. They couldn't talk to Ava about it so they spoke to Diana and Cassandra.

   " We don't know what to do anymore. I'm afraid she might have slipped into a coma". The doctor explained everything to them and all they could do was nod. They weren't going to tell Ava. They didn't want her to worry.

    Blake and the others visited often but everyday they visit  they see Ava in the same spot talking to Adrianna. "What did the doctor say?" Valerie asked.

   "She might have slipped into a coma" Diana answered.

   "We're not sure let's just hope she didn't" Cassandra said and they all looked at Ava who was, as usual, in her normal spot talking to Adrianna.

          After hours, Diana couldn't take it anymore. She dragged Ava out to have a serious conversation with her. "You've got to snap out of this. Adrianna will be fine just go home and rest".

   Ava didn't say a word. She removed Diana's  hands from her arm and was about to go in but Diana pulled her back. "You need to be in good shape Ava. Look, I know it's hard but you have to take good care of yourself".

     " You have no fucking right to tell me what to do. Look at her..." She said pointing at Adrianna. "I'm the reason why She's in that bed and unconscious". She said as tears ran down her cheeks. "I fucking hurt her all because I was mad and unreasonable".

     " It's not your fault ".

" BUT IT IS!!"she shouted. "It's my fault OK? Yes you guys were right. I acted like a bitch. I put her in this condition. I love her so much. I just want her to wake up".

   She fell down crying. Diana just held her shoulder and rubbed it. "Ava I get it but you need rest just go home for tonight".

     Beeping sounds were heard and Ava immediately ran into the room. The monitor was acting strange and Adrianna's chest was rising and falling. Ava became scared and called for the doctor. " What's wrong with her?" She asked with a shaky voice.

  The nurse took her out without answering her questions. Diana held her cause she was about to force her way in. "She'll be fine". Ava sighed and sat down.

   Soon after Doctor and nurses came out. Ava stood up and went to meet him. " is she alright". He sighed and held her shoulder.

   "She's alright you don't have to worry and She's in a stable condition. All we have to do is wait for her to make wake up". He excused himself and left.

  Diana held Ava's shoulder and smiled. "You see". Ava smiled and sat down.

     Ava decided to sleep in the hospital while Diana left. The next morning, Ava  entered the room to check on Adrianna. She sat down on the stool beside her. She held her hand and kissed it  then slowly brought it to her cheeks. " I really miss you". She said and felt Adrianna's hand move.

    She looked at her and then saw her eyes open. "Adrianna?".   Adrianna groaned and held her head.

       "Are you OK? Should I cal the doctor?".Adrianna looked at her and began to cry.

    " I'm sorry..." Ava didn't let her finish her statement. She shut her up by kissing her. "Shut up. I'm the one at fault you don't have to apologize".

     " I should have stayed at home". Ava cupped her cheeks and made her look her in the eye. "Look, I'm sorry for pushing you away. I was mad about Olivia and I poured it out on you. I want us to be happy, that's all I want". She paused for a while and  wiped a tear that was about to fall from Adrianna's eyes.

   "I love you".  Adrianna's eyes widened and more tears fell from her eyes. Ava wrapped her arms around her and pulled her in for a  hug. "I love you too". She said in a low voice.

    Ava smiled and kissed her temple. "I don't want to see any tears OK?".

    " You look like a mess" Adrianna said and they laughed.

      "Because of you. I'll go get you something to eat and then I'll go home and freshen up".

   " who's gonna stay with me?"

        "Diana. I'll be back" she kissed her lips again before leaving.

    Later that day, the others came and soon the room was filled with people. " we've missed you. We thought you slipped into a coma " Cassandra said, earning a bad glare from Ava.

   "Anyway, we're happy you're back" Diana said, taking a seat on the bed beside Adrianna.

     "What happened to the man?"

"He's dead" Ava said, "but you don't have to worry. You're safe".

     After two days she was discharged and was finally going home. Ava couldn't pick her up cause she was busy at work so Cassandra had to pick her up. " How are you feeling? "

   "I'm alright. Where's Ava?" .

   "At work but don't worry she's coming back early".  Adrianna smiled and relaxed.

  When they got  home they met everyone there except Ava. Valerie came to hug her and  she hugged her back. " I missed you so much". Valerie tightened the hug, making Adrianna wince.

  "O my god! I'm sorry" Valerie said and pulled back. Adrianna smiled and raised a brow. "You're making me question your sexuality".

     Valerie laughed and looked at Jason. " Don't worry I'm straight and I have a boyfriend ".  Adrianna was surprised. she looked at her and then looked at Jason who was already holding  Valerie's hand.

    " You guys? Since when? "She squealed

   "It's been a while before you knew about all this" Jason said.

     "I'm so happy for you guys" she said with a genuine smile.

    "I'm happy to. Now he can stop crushing on you". They turned to see Ava coming in. She kissed Adrianna's forehead and held her hand.

    " I never had a crush on her " Jason denied but got a 'Really?' Look from Ava. He kept quite and they all laughed.

   "Adrianna you need to rest let's go to our room". Adrianna smiled and followed Ava.

   Chapter 24 done.

  I'm sorry for updating late. I was thinking about the book and how I wanted it to end. I just want to write something that will please you all. 😘😁

Thanks for your patience guys. I won't make promises but I'll try to update more often 😍😘