Chapter 8

The next day, Adrianna woke up really early. She quietly unpeeled herself from Ava and went to the bathroom. When she came out she saw Ava already awake and resting her head on the headboard. Adrianna walked up to her and kissed her making Ava smile.

     "You got up early" Ava said as Adrianna dressed up. "Yah today is my first and I have to be early".

   Adrianna sat down to apply her makeup while Ava grabbed her phone and went to the bathroom. She saw missed calls from Diana and decided to call her back.

"Hey".

" Where are you? Why didn't you pick my calls?". Ava pinched the skin between her brows as Diana bombarded her with questions.

"Anyway Nikolai wants to have a meeting with us".

Ava stood in front of the bathroom mirror and took her toothbrush. "Why? Meetings don't end well".

"Well he wants one and for some reason he kept saying we'll need his help. Maybe  he  wants to make a deal with us like Olivia did"

" Bullshit!" She hit the sink furiously.

      "Ava are you OK?" Adrianna asked from outside. "I'm fine".

" Where does he want to meet?"

"Neutral grounds later tonight"

"Be specific"

  "Adam kray's hotel and yah we caught someone spying on you last night"

"Alright I'm on my way".   She ended the call and cursed. She finished up  in the bathroom and came out to see Adrianna standing in front of her.

" what's wrong? " Ava asked.

"I should be asking you that question. What was that sound?" Adrianna crossed her hands and looked at Ava suspiciously.

"I accidentally hit my hand on the sink".

" Are you OK?" Adrianna asked checking her hands. "I'm fine. Don't you have work today?".

  " obviously I do. can you drop me off ?".

   "Huh?" Ava eyes widened. "Please today's my first day and I want it to be special. Pretty please" Adrianna begged.
Ava couldn't resist and agreed. She took her bath quickly and grabbed her keys.

   Adrianna wondered why Ava was wearing sunglasses.  She didn't want to ask but she felt Ava was keeping something from her.

  Ava drove in front of the building even when Adrianna told her to stop at the parking lot. "Really?" Adrianna opened the door and got down.

"I'm sorry but I'm running later. See you later and have a nice day" Ava gave Adrianna a quick kiss and  drove off.

   When she entered the building the receptionist informed her that the boss was already in her office. She directed her and after the elevator she found her self in front of the boss's office.

  She began having cold feet.  She knocked on the door with sweaty hands and when she heard a response she went in.

She looked around and admired the interior  of the office. The walls were made of transparent glass. She could see the parking lot down below.
She looked at her right and saw another office. 

  She looked at Olivia and tried to smile

"Good morning ma'am" she said and Olivia looked up. Her throat went dry as Olivia's eyes scanned her. She couldn't help but admire Olivia's dressing.

  She had on a navy blue long sleeve shirt with matching suit trousers and her Raven black hair was tied into a bun.

    "You must be Adrianna Lodge" she heard Olivia say. "Yes ma'am" she answered nervously.