S I X T E E N

Ryder holds his breath as he leans down, leading the Air Patroller, chasing Callum's helicopter discreetly towards their hiding place; not losing his sight on the vehicle.

He reached out to his communicator and he bit his lip in nervousness. "Pups, I want to let you know that this is a dangerous mission. Might be even more dangerous than the past missions we've done." He started as he looked at the city below them. The clad took a deep breath as he looked straight to the communicator. "If I ever..." Ryder stopped for a moment to collect himself. "You know..." He inhaled sharply. "I just want you to know that Chase will be leading you all from now on..." He solemnly spoke, thoughts running through his head like a bullet train.

He was worried of course, but if he doesn't do this, the kingdom of Flappington will fall without an heir to lead them. And the brunette doesn't want that. He'll end up blaming himself after that. Ryder had been scanning the skies for a few minutes and he noticed a sound of propellers not too far from where the Air Patroller was. "Pups, I found the chopper!" He announced. Let's go stealth mode so we can follow them silently."

They've been flying for hours that Ryder had to go back in the Patroller due to exhaustion and the pleads of the pups for him to go inside due to the bad weather. They've reached a cold climate, wondering when they will stop. "We've been following them for hours!" Rubble complained as he plopped down on the cold metal floor. "I'm suwe we'we not faw fwom them now..." Zuma enlightened the Bulldog as he looks at the window. "Soonew ow latew, we can finally save Dawius fwom those mean guys!" And all the pups nod their heads in agreement.

Ryder looked at the promise ring Darius gave him before he was captured, playing and twisting it in his finger. The pressure and the thoughts of what is happening to his boyfriend right now is driving him insane. And now, he's doubting himself for the sudden attack.

He even wonders if he decided to put extra security around the castle, then none of this would've happened. All these questions lingering in his head sends him on an endless spiral, not knowing how to get himself out of it. Unless, he knows that Darius is safe and unharmed by his takers. He bit his lip and began to pace around to execute a plan on how to save the Duke. The pups looked at their master worriedly. They haven't seen Ryder this stressed before. Sure, he had been there for extremely dangerous missions but this mission makes his gears go in a different shift.

Ryder was known to execute the best and suitable plans for their missions. And they always go as planned with the right procedures. But, at this time, his mind has been in different places that he can't decipher what will happen next. He took a deep breath and tapped his fingers. He then got a hold of a plan that will work, and if it doesn't, he always has a backup plan. And just in time as well, the copter that they're following just landed. Now, time to set their plan into action.

"Chase, send your drone down there to see what they're up to and navigate where we should go without suspicion." Ryder directed the police dog and Chase barked in response. "Drone!" The German Shepherd barked and the small drone appeared out of his pup pack and set off to scout the location. Chase looked at the screen viewing the surroundings of the drone, concentrating to see any passages so they could fit through.

Chase is skilled with his drone. Not only does he know how to operate it, he also knows how to find places, people and things easily whenever he can't use his nose to find them. And he is proud of what he does.

After a while, his drone beeped on the screen. "Ryder, the drone has found an entrance!" Chase beamed and wagged his tail. "Good job, Chase!" The brunette praised as he scratched the German Shepherd's ear. "Come on, let's go save the Duke." He announced and he and Chase launched out of the Air Patroller and set off into the night.

×

"Let me go!" Darius yelled as he squirmed on the chair he was tied on, his wrist luckily tied loosely to let some blood circulation flow, otherwise he would've died right then and there. "Calm down, you prat." Harrold scolded as he turned around to face the Duke. "We only captured you so your precious beloved can come and rescue you from your demise." He announced as he placed his leg on the chair that Darius is sitting and being held hostage at.

This made the Duke's eyes go wide in anger and fear. "What do you want from him?! If you want my power, just take it! Leave Ryder and the pups out of this!" Darius shouted, he would be willing to put his life on the line but, if one bad person lays a hand on his loved ones had definitely crossed his line. He wouldn't want to see them hurt. Not again.

"Aww~ are you really that willing to put your life on the line just for that guy and his pack of mutts?" Harrold teased, his feet adding pressure to Darius' chest. "Listen boy, I don't want to worry you but, I bet you're going to get out of here, dead and injured before Ryder can even find your body." He distributed as he took off his leg out of his chest, making the young Duke shake even more. He doesn't want the younger boy to find him in this situation. He doesn't want him to find him dead without saying goodbye. This finally made him snap.

"Show me your master!" Darius roared in anger, the chair shaking with him. Harrold chuckled. "Oh, I don't need to say much. You definitely know him." The mayor started as he circled the young Duke. "You're close friends... Really close friends, indeed." He went on as he fixed his top hat. "Should I introduce you to him?" He teases as Darius gritted his teeth. "Show yourself you coward! You really sent the stupidest man on the planet to watch over me!" He yelled and Harrold punched him on the face, the Duke's brown eyes tearing up from the pain. "Shut up, prat!" The mayor shouted.

"Oh, will you two shut up already? You're giving me a headache..."

The two men went silent as footsteps began to approach them, as the man slowly walked out the shadows, his platinum blonde hair glistening in the dim light. Darius froze.

"You..."

Yes, I'm not dead don't worry.