S E V E N

A lot of people visited Ryder at the hospital, wishing him well for a fast recovery. And the boy, being a humble fellow he is, just smiles and just assures that it was just a small sprain that would just heal up soon. But, oh boy, him and his pups are just that famous to not be left alone. Luckily, Liberty was there to minimize the noise and crowd in the room; letting only the necessary and known people in. The boy thanked the dashaund for the help. They all began to eat the meal and treats that Mr. Porter and his grandson brought for them. They were having a lovely time, despite of Ryder's broken wrist, of course. They then heard a knock on the door. All of them looked at each other, confused since there was no crowd left outside. "That's probably the doctor..." Marshall remarked. The door opened and a familiar face went in, it was Darius.

"Hello, Ryder~ you alright? I heard the news and came here as fast as I could! Is there anything I can do to help?"

He began to ask Ryder in worry, which made Ryder let out a soft laugh. "I'm alright, just sprained my arm and broke my wrist during the fall." The spiked haired boy replied, trying to assure the duke he's in a good condition. He was, honestly. His fractured bones are the only tjing that's hurting his whole body; apart from the cuts and bruises, of course.

Darius has a small smile plastered on his face and he gently kissed Ryder's left hand, making all the pups awe at the two. That made Ryder blush like crazy. He felt like he got strucked by cupid as he looked at the older boy. He tried hiding his face, letting our a squeak of embarrassment. This made the duke chuckle at the boy's cuteness. "You're actually so cute~" Darius whispered to himself. He truly loves this guy and will not hesitate to date him if Ryder says so.

They heard another knock and all of their faces were filled with frowns and confusion when a lady walked in the room. They all knew (expect for Darius, of course) who she is and the pups despised her. She has short, wavy, blonde hair with strawberry pink highlights, emerald green eyes, and slightly pale skin.

Her name is Ashley, Ryder's current girlfriend.

The pups didn't know what the boy finds in her that made him head over heels back when he was sixteen. Sure she was good in sports and very creative, but her personality is a bit rotten to the core whenever Ryder wasn't looking. But, if Ryder was happy, they were too. They still hate Ashley though, no change in that.

"Oh my gosh! Ryder, sugar~! Sorry I didn't come here sooner! I was busy with fencing and school was really hitting me. Are you alright?" Ashley asks as she holds Ryder's cheeks and kissed him there, making the pups look at her with disgust while Darius was dumbfounded. He never knew that the leader of the PAW Patrol; the one who clearly put others first before himself, the one who would always keep his head on the game and make flawless plans at every mission they ever did, would have a significant other.

"He's fine. He just have a sprained arm and a broken wrist..." Darius answered since he can tell that Ryder was too busy to even answer by Ashley just smothering his face with kisses. The girl groaned lowly as she looked at the duke. "No one asked you. I was talking to Ryder~" she replied rudely, making the duke frown. Darius is a royal and Ashley should respect him but, he's also upset and angry at the girl that makes his blood boil. He huffed in defeat and went out of the room to leave the two alone. The pups frowned as well and they followed the royal out.

Darius huffed as he circled around, his arms crossed. "Who was that?! There's no way in hell that was his mother!" He slightly yelled. The pups winced at that. Chase stepped forward to speak. "That was Ashley... Ryder's girlfriend..." He trailed off as he looked at his paws. Darius took a deep breath and slowly calmed down. "Since when?" He asks again, his head still clouded with the fact that Ryder, indeed, has a girlfriend and didn't bother to tell him. You could probably tell that he kinda regrets kissing the boy's hand with admiration.