T W O

"Am I really falling in love with him?"

Once the team got back to the lookout, they all plopped down in their own bean bags in the commons area; groaning in tiredness. "That was exhausting day... Going all the way to  Barkingburg and back..." Rubble complained. "Babysitting Sweetie and Duke isn't an easy job..." He cackled which made the other pups laugh along with him. Ryder remained silent as he kept thinking about what happened to him and Duke in mid air. They kept an eye contact longer than anyone with anxiety can hold and he can feel something is definitely behind them. He can't understand it yet but, looking at Duke really gave him butterflies and that shocked the brunette, making his cheeks go wild red; poppy red.

The pups took notice of this, which made them look at their master with confusion. And honestly, it's been a while since they saw Ryder looking all red and confused with his own feelings. Chase cleared his throat then looked at the boy. "Ryder... You're getting all red... You alright?" He asks, making Ryder choke on his own spit and coughed. 'oh right. I'm not the only one around... I forgot...' he got back to his own consciousness. "I-I'm alright... I'm just blanking out again..." The boy replied then Chase nods his head. Ryder got up from his seat and goes to their kitchen to grab a bag of kibble for the pups since it's their dinner time.

Once they all finished dinner, they all head to bed, and as usual, the pups had their fluffy banter on which pair of pups will sleep with Ryder. They always do some sort of activities every night; which made their nights last a bit longer. The boy giggled at their cuteness. "It's Chase's and Marshall's turn, pups." The pups awed. They all said their good nights to each other and head to bed. Ryder was already in his PJs and Chase and Marshall were following their master to his bedroom. The German Shepherd looked at the Dalmatian with that look in his eyes and Marshall nods his head. The two had talked about Ryder's little crush problem. They both noticed it when the boy stopped moving mid air earlier while saving Duke from his own peril. They both know how cheeky Ryder can be when it comes to people he despised. He can be sweet and humble at first but he sure can discreetly take pleasure in anyone's suffering and take matters in his own hands if you pushed him too far.

He's not killing anyone, alright? That's too far, even for him. He's not a sadist.

The two pups both planned to ask Ryder about his feelings for Duke. It's better to let his feelings all out on someone he trusts about these kinds of things rather than keep it all bottled up to himself. "Hey, Ryder. Wanna have a chat before we head to bed?" Marshall asked which made Ryder look at him with confusion. "Sure but why?" Chase and Marshall grinned. "No reason..." They both said in unison, making Ryder look more confused as ever. Man could be smart but, not smart enough to think one of his pups are trying to get a secret out of him.  

While in the castle of Flappington, Duke's sister, Delancy was mending his cuts and bruises during the sword fighting he had with Ryder. 'Damn, how is this boy good with swords? Does he take fencing classes or something?' he thinks. "Wow... This Ryder kid knows his stuff... He even beaten you in sword fighting." Delancy chuckled, which made Duke roll his eyes at his sister. "He probably keeps himself fit. There's nothing wrong with that..." He groans. Delancy smirked. "Is that you hinting that you have something for Ryder?" She teased which made Duke blush furiously. "Am not!" He playfully pushed Delancy away.

"Stupid! Who would fall in love with that dork?!"

"I would."

Duke looked at his sister and he laughed. "Why? He's so... Weird..." He complained. He's doesn't really mean it. He just doesn't want to sound gay in front of his sister. She might think it's awful and just avoid
him about it. It's a risk. "Is he really? He seems kind and selfless... Heck. He always puts others first before himself... He probably doesn't even get breaks. Poor boy..." Delancy frowns. That made Duke wonder. Ryder and his pups always help others with no hesitation. And probably doesn't get a break, even for just a day. He frowned and keeps thinking about Ryder's health, and so as the pups. He blushes brightly as to question himself why is he thinking like this. He shouldn't be. He can't be gay for Ryder. He's like, his arch nemesis. 'Why am I thinking about him?! I don't even like him...'

'am I really falling in love with him?'

Duke shook his head violently to take the thought away and he blushes, making Delancy giggled. "Seems like your head is full of thoughts." She began to speak as she finished fixing Duke's wounds. "How about we practice some fencing before bed?" She suggested and Duke nodded. It was a weird request, considering it was night but, he'll let it slide.

Once the siblings got in the fencing room, all in their gear and they began the first stance. "En garde..."  They both draw their swords at each other and Delancy wanted to spark a conversation with Duke; take that as a gesture of her trying to get Duke to somehow confess his feelings. "Okay, why do you hate Ryder so much?" She asks as she tries to defend her side of the room with her sword. "I don't know. I just hate him. Him and his mutts get in my way of doing schemes..." Duke uttered as he hits Delancy's sword with his. The girl began to bombard Duke with her questions as they let their swords speak.

"What do you hate most about him anyway?"

"His laugh... The way he talks..."

"Uh huh. What else...?"

"His bravery... His sweet, cheeky smile..." Duke uttered as he began to blush bright pink.

"Can you give me some more?"

"His soft and pointy hair... The way he skates around with his skateboard... His hazel eyes... His cute pink cheeks..."

As Duke began to talk about Ryder even more, the brighter his cheeks get and that's what hit him... His mouth ajar, loooking at his hands with disbelief and shock, but in a good way. A way that makes his heart flutter and fill his stomach with butterflies.

"Oh..."

"I am really falling in love with him..."

Delancy smirked and she puts her sword down. "Wow... You really love this man... You're almost out of breath whenever you talk about him." She chuckled and Duke put his sword down.

"I must ask him out and court him...!"

"Duke, honey, slow down..."