F O U R

"I guess you can call it destiny, or fate if you'd prefer that~"

Ryder was stood there, his thoughts still processing as he looked at the boy in front of him; wearing rather dashing and formal attire as the duke got off the jet. Duke was wearing a dress shirt with a straight point collar, a tan colored vest with diamond pattern stitched together and a brown trenchcoat with golden-like feathers embroidered on the bottom of coat, and on the side layed the golden crest of Flappington.

He was really stunning, in Ryder's opinion.

"It's good to see you again~ like the new look of my jet? Jean Claude and I made her look good as new~" Duke smiles proudly as his pet eagle nested on his arm, making Ryder roll his eyes. "You really like to brag about all of the things you own, huh?" He asks and the Duke chuckled. The pups came barking towards him and Duke gasped. "Aww~ look at your pups! They all look spendid~" the pups looked at Duke with confusion. "What is he doing here, Ryder?" Rocky whispered to the boy. Duke heard, of course.

"I came here for a little visiting~! I heard Adventure Bay is just as beautiful as they describe it would be~" he happily spoke. "Are you not trying to rule over Adventure Bay?" Rubble asked and Duke laughed. "Nonsense! I wouldn't do that! I only came here to see you pups and of course, your leader." He says, with a bit hint of seduction in his voice and he holds Ryder's hand. "Come on, dear friend~ show me around~" the duke says happily and Ryder sighed. Ryder agreed and he leads Duke out of the dock towards the City Hall.

"First, we're here at City Hall... Where Mayor Goodway works and lives with her pet chicken." Ryder explained to Duke as they approach the mayor, watering her tulips.

She sets her watering can down as soon as she spotted Ryder; him and his pups are really well known; considering they protect the town and help her a lot.

"Hello Ryder~!" She spoke delightfully. "What brings you to City Hall. I assure you don't have an appointment." She smiles. Ryder chuckled. "No, I'm walking the pups and taking Duke for a tour around town." He explained and the mayor gave Duke a suspicious look.

"aren't you the one who tried to destroy the Barkingburg castle?"

She asked the duke, making him chuckle. "Oh that... That was a long time ago... I'd prefer not looking back at it..." He says. Mayor Goodway nods her head. Ryder nervously chuckled and he pushed Duke to the side. "Maybe it's best if we go somewhere else... Try to see if anyone needs help?" He suggested and Duke nods his head. "I guess you have a point there, friend~ let's go someplace else." Rubble decided to be left behind with Mayor Goodway to help her with the tulips and Ryder agreed.

"Just be sure to meet us at Mr. Porter's by lunch, okay?" Rubble nods his head and the group decided to continue the tour.

After having their lunch at Mr. Porter's, Duke and Ryder continued with the tour. They're almost finished exploring the town and the pups decided to play on the beach with their pup-sitter; Em, leaving Marshall and Chase with them.

They were having a little chat; about tech and other random topics, to the point it low-key got awkward for the two boys to even process as he sipped on his lemonade.

Ryder cleared his throat and he looked at the older boy then asked him. "Tell me honestly, why did you decide to come here and vise versa 'visit me'?" While moving his fingers, initializing the quotation marks in the air.

Duke smiles. "Like I said, I just want to visit you... You know, trying to take over a kingdom is quite tiring, if you know what I mean~" He chuckled, making Ryder look at him with suspicion. It was weird for him to have a visitor; and by 'visitor', he meant a visit from his rival. A person who really hates him for who knows what and why. It does bother him but, not to the point he wants Duke away. He likes him. And this is his chance to hint it.

Chase looked at his master, gently tugging the boy's shorts. Ryder stopped in his tracks and he looked at the German Shepherd. "Are you going to confess to him?" He asks as the pup looked at the boy worriedly. Ryder thought about it for a moment and he sighed. "Maybe not now... But soon... I hope..." He whispered. Chase nods his head, smiling.

Sunset was almost arriving and Ryder decided to take Duke to one of his favorite places in Adventure Bay; the infamous Big View Trail. Despite being stucked there on a ledge with a goat one time, it was one of the best places to view the sunset while seeing all of Adventure Bay.

They both got on Ryder's ATV and off they went. It was a quiet ride at first until Duke began to speak. "Why do we have ride your little bike? If you could've told me wherever you're taking me, we could've taken my jet~!" He complained, making Ryder roll his eyes. "Then how it will be romantic if we're taking your scary jet? I know you're not the one piloting it." He giggles. And Duke puffed his cheek.

Once they reached the trail. Ryder stopped the vehicle and they began to walk. They then found a good spot to watch the sunset and sat down on the soft grass. Duke looked at the view with amazement and he smiles. Ryder chuckled. "Amazing isn't it?" He asks. "It gets calmer everytime you get to see the sun go up and down." And he was right. Duke did feel calmer and more light. It feels like all of his troubles faded as he looked at the brunette, the sun hitting Ryder's face perfectly.

"Wonder why the world decided to make us befriend each other..." Ryder uttered. "we're like the polar opposites. And I know 'opposite attracts each other' but, this... This is different... A good different..." He says. Duke stopped for a thought. He couldn't believe it either. But, for somehow, he liked it... A lot.

"I guess you can call it destiny, or fate if you'd prefer that~" he chuckled.

Ryder laughed as they began to eat the treats they brought that Mr. Porter gave them before they headed off as they watched the sunset together. They laughed and chatted until the sun fully went down.

Like a little lovestrucked couple...