F O U R T E E N - P R I D E U P D A T E

I apologize if this is short :)

TW: h o m o p h o b i a  and slight swearing

"Check it out Ryder! We finished decorating the Town Hall for pride month!" Rubble happily spoke, happily waving an asexual flag in between his teeth. Ryder chuckled while scratching the back of Rubble's ear, making the Bulldog roll around in happiness. "Thanks for your help pups! The place looks great! I'm sure the mayor will love it!" The boy piped up. Pride month was easily his favorite time of the year.

People being comfortable with their own sexual identity, loving whoever they want to be with and the presentation it finally deserves after it being completely illegal in some places.

The world is slowly healing. And that's good news.

He knows he can't change the world's opinion about the topic but, making sure that everyone's having a good time and no one disrespects them this month is better than doing nothing at all.

Ryder was checking on his little clipboard that he's holding to see what has been crossed out for the occasion. So far, the food, drinks, flags, music and decorations had been crossed out of the list. "Is everything set up for the parade?" The lovely, Mayor Goodway asked the younger boy as she stroked her purse chicken.

The Mayor was quite anxious but, still would be able to host the parade. It was a special occasion after all. And her presence would make everyone feel at ease.

Ryder was checking everything and looked at the sky when he heard a familiar jet engine. He smiles to himself as he hopped on his ATV and drove to where the jet is landing. The big jet landed on the lookout grounds and he gasped as he saw the young duke make his way out of the vehicle.

Darius was wearing his usual outfit but, with a few changes. There's a small toothpaste flag pin beside the Flappington kingdom crest, a gay flag tied around his neck as a cape and a pair of genderfluid socks. The colors doesn't seem to match his personality and aesthetic but it his way of celebrating the day he feels most welcome.

"You actually came!" The brunette happily spoke as he came rushing to the duke, giving him a big hug. Darius chuckled lightly. "Of course. It's a big day for the both of us..." He simply spoke. "That reminds me. Did you came out to them yet?" He asks. To which Ryder replied by shaking his head. "No. Not yet. But, I'm planning to this afternoon..." He added. Darius nods.

"That's good. I'll come out with you if it makes you feel any better."

Ryder looked at his friend with stars in his eyes. "You mean it?" Darius giggled.

He's too adorable not to say no to.

"Of course my lovely~ I'll always be by your side~" he spoke charmingly and gently kissed the younger boy's lips as a sign to calm him down, to which of course, Ryder kissed back.

It was a small gesture but, the brunette appreciates it a lot. And by a lot, I mean 'he'd take a bullet for you after making that small gesture' type of thing.

×

When the day began to set at high noon, the parade started. The sound of drums, trombones, trumpets, and xylophones fill the air as the other members of the band danced along as they walked around town. Ryder,  Darius, and so are the pups watched the festivity unfold as they stood on the sidewalk.

Skye was having difficulty watching the parade, having to jump and flip multiple times just to see. Darius saw this and he flashed a small smile at the cockapoo. "Do you want to be held so you can watch?" He asks her. Skye nods her head before replying. "Yes please!" The young duke giggled as he held the cockapoo in his arms, watching the parade together.

When the parade was done, all of the people then began to walk around and look for other fun things they can do during the festivity. After all, there's so much you can do in a pride parade. Rubble went towards the buffet table for some treats, Skye and Everest are both going on rides, and some of the remaining pups decided to walk around and see what things they find interesting along with Ryder and Darius.

"I'd never knew you'd be interested in going to parades and occasions like this, Darius, Sir." Chase spoke with curiousity. "It seemed to be so over-the-top compared to the lovely balls and parties you Royals always held back at your castle." The German Shepherd added.

Darius fixed his family crest that sits on his chest. "Well, we do certainly held these kinds of festivities in the castle but, I prefer going to festivals and parades rather than being forced to sit on my throne and see everyone dancing and having fun." He replied.

"Awen't balls supposed to be fun?" Zuma asked curiously.

"Well, they are if you enjoy them. But, I don't. They just make me sit on my throne and wait for a lady to come take my hand for a dance." The young duke replied. "I don't enjoy dancing though. The weird stares people gave me are a bit harsh from what I can remember from my first ball." He added.

"Isn't it supposed the other way around? Like a guy asks for a girl to have a dance with him?" Marshall asked.

"My family tradition is quite unique compared to the other kingdoms. Me being their only son, I'm not very interested in attending these so they forced me to be in one. My parents trying to find some way for me to find a significant other: by letting the ladies ask for my hand in relationships." Darius replied. "You pups seem to fill him with questions." Ryder chuckled. "How about we find something else to do?" He suggested. And they all agreed.

As they walked towards one of the stalls, a familiar figure walked towards Ryder and grabbed his wrist, making him jolt. He quickly turned his head and was shocked to see Ashley. "Hi baby~ what are you doing in a disgusting place like this? You don't belong here~" She slyly spoke, making Ryder's bisexual heart sink.

He now realized he made a huge mistake dating the blonde in the first place.

"Hey, you don't get to talk to him like that!" Darius pulled Ryder close to him as he defended the younger male. Ashley looked at the duke with disapproval. "And who might you be? You don't have any rights to take my boyfriend away from me!" She responded, making Darius scoff in annoyance.

"I think I do, young lady. Because he's my boyfriend."

Ashley gasped. "Are you cheating on me?! With a guy?!" She yelled at Ryder. Darius has never heard such bullshit before. "Excuse me, you cheated on him first. You were kissing some random guy when we both found you." The young duke replied.

"You don't even have proof!" She exclaimed as she crossed her arms. "Actually... We do." Mr. Porter, with his gay apron, approaching them. "There are security cameras near the road where Ryder found out you're cheating." He spoke and pulled out his tablet with the footage of Ashley kissing the boy and Ryder at the end of the road, witnessing everything and running towards the other direction.

Ashley's eyes went wide. She was flushed with embarrassment and ran away from town hall. Ryder looked at the young duke and hugged him tightly. Darius' eyes softened and hugged back. He pulled a familiar blue, violet, and pink flag from his pocket and carefully tied it around Ryder's neck.

"There. Now, you're complete~"

Ryder smiles lovingly at Darius and kissed his lips gently. The young duke was caught by surprise but slowly kissed back. Happy and overjoyed that his closeted boyfriend is finally comfortable to be himself.