MOST UNIMPORTANT CHAPTER OF ALL! Chapter 17!

The roof of the castle wasn't what I had been expecting. Tiki torches had been planted around along with a small shed. It reminded me of a roof in a fantasy high school. The castle towers were made of stone and looked sickly. Gamzee pulled the shed door open and shuffled inside. While he was looking, i examined the towers. At the top were torn black flags that probably represented something at one time.

But they were destroyed. Thick vines twisted up the sides as well and at the top was a lookout point. There was most likely nothing of interest at the top.

The view from the roof was breathtaking. The land was dark but there was something mystical about it. Going into the unknown. The thought gave me chills.

I could easily point out a forest and a few scattered houses far off. Mountains encircled the area. The white tops were the only dim light in the dark place.

Gamzee honked and pulled out what he had found. In his arms was a tall ladder.

"I knew we had one somewhere." He grinned and handed it over. Little latches on the latter showed it was able to stretch out. I smiled and nodded. "Thanks. This should be good."

"Be careful (y/n)." Kurloz called from below. You scoffed. "I got this. It's not so hard."

I pulled myself up another step slowly. In one hand was a duster while the other was gripping the latter. Gamzee chuckled. "See. She's fine."

"I'm not so..."

"I got it!" I interrupted and stood up. The doors opened and the other two trolls walked in.

"WWhat are you doing?" Eridan asked.

I waved the duster around. "Making pancakes!"

"That sounded like sarcasm."

"yea. vwe all knovw you can't cook." Cronus snickered.

I grumbled something insulting and grabbed hold of the chandelier. "I'll cook you up. We can have sushi tonight." I spoke just loud enough so he could hear from the ground.

Eridan chuckled but didn't say anything.

"Someone hold the latter please!" I called again. Kurloz ran forward and beat Gamzee to the latter. I felt it teeter slightly and a chill run up my spine. "C-careful..."

I took a deep breath and began my job. The dust fell in clumps to the ground. I cleared one spot then shifted to reach the next.

"I want to hold it now bro." Gamzee suddenly spoke from below.

((PREDICTABLE))

Kurloz hissed. "No! Careful!"

The latter suddenly knocked over. It all happened so quickly. My feet lost balance and I gripped the chandelier with dear life. The latter fell with a thunderous crash and everything was quiet.

My hands burned from the tight hold and I felt my heartbeat in my throat. My eyes were closed and I didn't want to open them. But I did anyway. The ground looked miles down. Sweat dripped down my face.

"G-Guys?" I whispered.

The four trolls looked up at me, each with a shocked face. "Get me down!"

I felt my grip loosen. "Hurry!"

"Get the latter!" Eridan called.

Kurloz growled. "It's broken! S-Stupid!" He pushed Gamzee back.

"Stop fighting!" I scolded. "Just let me down!"

Cronus walked under me. "jump!"

"YOU'RE INSANE!"

"yup." He sneered. "but chill. i'll catch you."

I swallowed a lump and took a deep breath. "O-Okay.."

I released my hands and felt my body grow lighter as I approached the ground. I went numb and arms pulled me close. I wrapped my arms around the troll's neck and cried softly. The high blood held me close and let me cry for a long time. The others surrounded, not knowing what to do to help. The ballroom doors slammed open and the familiar voice called out.

"WHAT HAPPENED?" Subjugglator walked in.

"J-Just an accident. It's okay." Kurloz raised his hands.

The voice of Dualscar appeared. "We heard a noise."

I raised my head and wiped an eye. "It's okay. Really." I gave a smile. Cronus set me down and I stood up.

The two grown trolls looked at eachother. Kurloz grinned and cupped his hands behind his back. "It's fine."

I nodded. "Yes."

((OH YES. REPEAT YOURSELVES 20 TIMES))

Dualscar looked past everyone to the broken latter. "Right...." He shook his head. "Whatever lass. Dinner will be done soon." He grinned and the two trolls walked away.

When they were gone, I let out a heavy sigh. "Sorry guys. I think I need a break for a while." I shook my head.

((LAZY, SCARED LITTLE-))

((You seem more irritated than usual))

((I AM))

((You need a hug?))

((HAHAHAHAHAHA DON'T TOuCH ME!))

Gamzee looked down. "Naw man. I'm sorry. It's my fault." He suddenly grinned. "Hey! To make it up to you, why don't I take over the cleaning?"

Eridan chuckled. "You? You'd make an evven bigger mess."

"I can do it!"