𝗖𝗵: 20| 𝗧𝗥𝗛

⋆ ˚。⋆୨ Life isn't that bad ୧⋆ ˚。⋆

Soobin was back in the castle now, worried about the incidents he saw in the forest. He wasn't able to sleep the night. How could he? When his kingdom is in danger?

He's also nervous about the meet up tomorrow. He hopes everything goes smoothly. Afterall they can only win if all the kingdoms and the Wizard Prince helps Co-operate with each other. Winning over humans is not that hard, but when your opponent is a super-natural being with unhuman powers, you need to step up your game.

Warewolves are 2 times powerful than humans, they could shred a human into pieces effortlessly. Witches have magic powers, and the worst part is, their opponents are the users of Dark energy. Dark magic practioners have always been a threat to human kind.

Soobin wonders if they will be able to withstand this huge war. He needs to report about this to the King and Beomgyu before telling about it to everyone.

Sighing, he walks towards Beomgyu's room. It was early in the morning so Beomgyu might be still sleeping. He stood infront of Beomgyu's door to hear someone giggling.

"Is Beomgyu already awake? This doesn't sounds like him though." Soobin thought as he pushed open the door and walked inside.

He trudged inside to see Beomgyu sitting on the chair and his servant Huening Kai taking off the bedsheets while giggling.
"Oh so it was him." Soobin thought and smiled at the view. Seeing Beomgyu smile so genuinely was a rare sight. Huening Kai must be special to Beomgyu.

He fake-coughed to gain the attention of Beomgyu.
Beomgyu whipped his head towards him, eyes wide in shock.

"Hyung? Why are you here so early?" Beomgyu questioned.

"Well you might have to come out with me for a while, I have something important to tell you. Continue your lovey dovey business later okay?" Soobin said with a chuckle.

Soobin's words made Beomgyu surprised and Kai choked on air.

"Prince, it's nothing like that. I'll go outside you can talk with Beomgyu, I-i Mean P-prince Beomgyu." Kai stuttered and blushed in embarrassment. He quickly picked up the bedsheets and dashed out of the room.

"Hyunggg!! Why did you say that?" Beomgyu whined.

"What? I'm saying what I saw. You two look like love birds having a morning conversation." Soobin said teasing Beomgyu.

"Shut up hyung! It's nothing like that!" Beomgyu said avoiding Soobin's eyes.

"Yeah sure Beomgyu, whatever makes you sleep at night." Soobin chuckled.

"Okay now important thing. Come with me to Father's room. We need to discuss about the War." Soobin said, his demeanor Changing from teasing to serious.

Beomgyu nodded and walked along with Soobin to their Father's room.

[In the King's Room]

"And what brings you two here today? You never visit me." The king raises his eyebrows in question.

Soobin stepped up and started explaining.

"Father, we need to prepare for the war as soon as possible. The Warewolves are already attacking the forest of our kingdom. They will attack the kingdom soon too. We need to do something, our opponents are very powerful."

"What? They are already attacking? This isn't a good news. I'll tell the knights and Soliders to prepare. And you two should prepare for the war too, specially you Soobin. You're the future of our kingdom. Beomgyu you too, you both need to lead. You are our Prince, and I know you have amazing skills too, don't think I'm blind." The King said patting Beomgyu's back.

Beomgyu was honestly shocked to hear his father's words and so was Soobin. Their father never considered Beomgyu in any royal affairs. But this time he was telling Beomgyu to lead? Is this a dream?

Beomgyu was about to speak up when their Mother apperared from behind.

"I know you are shocked son. Don't worry, your father loves you too, he just doesn't shows it. And he realised how wrong he was after I talked about it to him. We are proud of what you have become son. We are proud of both of you." The queen said smiling at her sons.

Beomgyu had tears in his eyes. These words held so much importance to him.

"My queen what are you saying? W-who said I love them?" The king coughed, hiding his embarrassment.

Soobin, Beomgyu and The Queen just laughed at the King's behaviour. He was a cold-hearted ruler who seemed like he never cared, but he had a soft spot for his family. He was never Able to show it, but he cared.

"But Soobin will still be the king. I'm not allowing him to be a knight." The King said.

This time Soobin didn't argue. Maybe being a King won't be that bad. He should give it a try. He looked at Beomgyu to see if he was hurt, but all he saw was happiness and tears. He was relieved. So Beomgyu doesn't have a problem with him being the King. He's glad, their family talked today. It felt like the old times, when they were small kids.

Maybe his life wasn't so bad afterall.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

Hello Luvs! Rin here~
Your lazy-ass author is being generous today lol.
Enjoy reading!

See y'all in next chapter. Till then Take Care💙
-Rin💗