28. mortality and madness

*re-edited*

"And will you join me, Sophie?" Rafal asked, holding the vulnerable young girl in his arms

"And will you join me, Sophie?" Rafal asked, holding the vulnerable young girl in his arms. Her hopeless romantic face swooned as soon as his power thrums joined hers. The continuous noise sang higher. 

"All we need is our true love's kiss," He moved in closer, Valerie shaking her head as she watched helplessly. "Sophie stop!" Valerie called whilst stepping closer. Before she could even place her foot down the stairs separating herself and them, Rafal sent her flying into a bookshelf. 

Books toppled on Valerie as she landed on her side. Brushing off the pain, she pushed herself up. "I've been through worse than you, Rafal," Valerie ground her teeth and cracked her neck. Rafal ignored her, brushing Sophie's hair back from her face. 

"Evil's kiss and then we can forever open the gates to Never After," He smiled, leaning in. "For you and I to rule," He whispered, Valerie wiping the droplets of blood off her face before charging at Rafal. 

"Get away from her," She cried, however as soon as she tried to touch him, the same power-draining sensation erupted in her. Valerie felt the air leave her lungs, pain crackling in every nerve, and limb, and vein. Sophie, too far enticed by Rafal's words, left the girl to scream in tortured misery. 

Valerie's cries of pain were tearing at her vocal cords, unbelievable terror coursing through her blood. "Get away from me," She mustered, pushing herself away from the figure of Rafal. Her head pounded and her tongue was thick and dry. Black spots danced in her vision, cornering her into darkness.

"You aren't human. You're Evil trying to make up for his actions by thinking that you are worth something on this Earth," Valerie screamed, her knees giving out. She could barely think with her vision lessening. Rafal and Sophie both ignored the girl who yelled profanities at them, their eyes glowing red as they kissed. 

Thunder rumbled as the two Evils kissed passionately, Valerie staring at the two with some sort of dissipating hope. She blinked until her vision returned hazily. Her body was worn with the energy taken from her and so she stayed on the floor.  She jumped as the Storian spoke quickly.

"And so it was that Evil had finally won true love's kiss," The Storian scribbled simply in gold ink. The two separated, Rafal's eyes burning with red hatred when the room glowed an eerie green. "Condemning both Schools and all those within their walls, Good and Evil alike, to perish in agony," The Storian continued. 

Sophie pushed herself away gently from Rafal, stumbling around the room whilst she took in the light. "Allowing Rafal's Evil, true Evil, to overtake the world," The Storian finished, Rafal chanting a chorus of 'Yes's to himself. 

Valerie coiled over, ignoring the tremors in her arms and legs when she pushed up into a standing position. She watched the green light with terrifying calmness. "Sophie," She gasped with the hush of a whisper, "What have you done?" Valerie's face was one which could only be described as all of the emotions mixed together. Her eyes flickered around with panic.