22. rafal and rage

*re-edited*

Valerie stumbled from the bottom of a staircase - where she must've fallen asleep after the blur of a party - back to her room with a banging headache

Valerie stumbled from the bottom of a staircase - where she must've fallen asleep after the blur of a party - back to her room with a banging headache. Before she could enter her room, however, she heard Rafal's voice echoing through it. "Don't tell me you actually believe that," He chuckled, Sophie's crying whimpers exposing who he was talking to. Blood magic thrummed softly through the door, Valerie pressing her head up against it. 

"And besides, Tedros wasn't good for you anyway. Or Grayskull who seems to be tragically head over heels for him. I need you to get rid of that issue. Valerie is the key to my plan and I cannot complete it if she is in love with some ratty Ever," Rafal told Sophie, unaware that the icy girl was listening to his every word. "You're back? But I thought-" Sophie mewled, her feet tapping on the floor as she ran to what sounded like the shattered mirror. "I'd left you? Never," Rafal hummed with a seductive tone, "Even if everyone else has... betrayed you," Rafal reassured, Valerie's knuckles turning white whilst she heard him persuade her. 

She tried the door slowly and silently, realising that it was locked. "Fuck," Valerie whispered to herself, putting her ear back to the door again. "I don't," Agatha's voice was heard from the room, glitchy from the blood magic. Rafal must be using her words against her to manipulate Sophie. 

"I can give you abilities they only dream of," Rafal finished his monologue. "But first I need you to convince Valerie and get her away from that boy," Rafal ordered with a hard voice. Valerie took a step back from the door. 'What if I run away? What if I pretend to be on his side? What if he kills Tedros?'  Thoughts ran through Valerie's head as she stumbled through the corridor away from Sophie and Rafal. "I need to tell Lesso," Valerie decided, rushing through the school and blasting ice at anyone who got in her way. 

...

"Lesso!" Valerie barged through the doors, stopping as she saw said woman sitting on a throne, Dovey, Agatha and Professor Anemone interrogating her. All of them turned to Valerie who suddenly felt slightly self-conscious in her partying outfit. "Valerie, let's talk later," Lesso smiled, shooing her away with her cane. "No, it's very import-" Valerie was cut off by Dovey also disagreeing with the redhead.

"NO! Valerie. Did you know about this? About Rafal?" She queried angrily. Valerie stared at her confused. "I- I told Lesso to tell you," She voiced with furrowed eyebrows, realisation hitting her.  "But you didn't," Valerie nodded in understanding. She stared at Lesso with confusion in her eyes, wondering why the Dean lied to her.

"I see, the soul of wickedness itself just slipped your mind, Lesso?" Dovey yelled at the opposing Dean, who just smirked in response. "I'm the Dean of the School for Evil. Does that suggest anything to you?" Lesso asked, tapping her metal cane on the ground intimidatingly. "Yeah, it suggests that nobody in charge here knows what's going on in this stupid place," Agatha scoffed, being shut down by Anemone quickly.