12. princes and punches

*re-edited*

"Miss Grayskull, how lovely of us to finally join us," Dovey expressed with a picture-perfect smile which made Valerie's skull pound

"Miss Grayskull, how lovely of us to finally join us," Dovey expressed with a picture-perfect smile which made Valerie's skull pound. Valerie had been in the hospital wing for two weeks, under intense care, and then was sent back to her classes. 

She was late to her wishing class - one of the few classes she took with the Evers. It was mandatory for every student to make a wish with the wish fish at the start of the year. The year prior, Valerie had wished to not be expelled as she had just been accused as a suspect of the frozen Princes' bodies. Fortunately, the wish had been granted, as her need was strong enough, and Valerie was just put on extra-curricular work instead. 

Valerie bowed her head in recognition to Dovey, throwing her bag on the grass next to her empty pastoral chair. Valerie's big white boots drummed against the ground as she slipped into her chair, next to Sophie and Anadil. "We don't hate! Evil hates," Dovey gestured her arms animatedly to the grumbling side of the class. "Good loves," She smiled, her pearly teeth beaming in the sun. "Evil attacks and good defends," She laughed artificially. "Chinen, when is good permitted to attack?" Dovey requested an answer from a girl in a green poofy dress. "It isn't. By the book, if good were to attack first, it would be no longer good," Chinen explained, Dovey clapping her hands in excitement. "Precisely," She grinned, her smile faltering as she made eye contact with Hester and then Valerie who were both staring at her like she was prey.

"Well, now, Nevers, what do you think?" Dovey asked, attempting to be inclusive. "Sounds like a bunch of bullshit," Valerie grumbled. "Sorry, Miss Grayskull?" Dovey articulated, her eyes hard but masked with her gentle smile. "I think," Valerie sat up, her feet still tapping the green floor, "That if you guys got angry. If evil was winning or more powerful, you'd most definitely attack first," Valerie crossed her arms. "We'll have to agree to disagree," Dovey turned away from Valerie, her fingers pulling anxiously at the mesh on her dress. "Typical," Valerie murmured. 

"What did you people do to him?" Agatha sat next to Valerie, separated by the path between the Evers and Nevers. Valerie closed her eyes, her fingertips brushing her temples in the hope of preventing the inevitable situation. "I'm sorry?" Dovey invited kindly, her eyes flitting to Valerie who was shaking her head to herself. 

"Gregor failed three times and then he disappeared, screaming in pain," Agatha explained with gaining confidence. "What did you do to him?" She asked, looking at anyone else for help. "The rules at this school must be obeyed," Dovey insisted, "There are no exceptions." Dovey turned to Valerie who stared at her with a knowing face; Dovey was hesitant to continue. The golden teacher let out a relaxed sigh as Valerie broke off her stare from Dovey, telling her silently that she wouldn't spill. 

Valerie's eyes caught Beatrix's which were glaring in her direction. A smile graced Valerie's face as she waved her magical hand in Beatrix's direction, a cold breeze surrounding the girl subtly. The Evergirl straightened like she was burnt with a hot poker.