2. roommates and roses

*re-edited*

Valerie sighed, discontent, as she dumped her bags in the dorm, noticing that nobody else had entered the room yet

Valerie sighed, discontent, as she dumped her bags in the dorm, noticing that nobody else had entered the room yet. She claimed the bed nearest the balcony, drawing a shining icy circle around the bed with her glowing white finger. 

"What does that do?" A curious voice came from behind Valerie, making the girl straighten up. She turned to see a petite, round girl with her bags weighing her arms down. The girl casually dumped her bags on the bed nearest the door, still staring at the circle Valerie had drawn. "It freezes you if you try and step through. I don't want witches touching my stuff," Valerie spat bitterly, venom lacing her voice - she had to make an impression. 

The girl's face drained of color and she nodded, introducing herself as Anadil. "I didn't ask," Valerie smiled sweetly, sipping her water. She sat on the bed swatting away a cockroach crawling on the covers. 

She then, without any self-consciousness, began changing in front of Anadil who turned away, her cheeks heating up with embarrassment. A cold chuckle echoed around the room when Valerie noticed. "We're living together for a year, get used to it," Valerie sighed. Anadil turned back around, squinting as she thought. "You're Valerie Grayskull? Queen of Evil?" Anadil queried. "Good job, you want a gold star for working that one out?" Valerie rolled her eyes, sarcastically answering. 

"Aren't you a second year? Why are you bunking with us? And you're in our classes!" Anadil picked up Valerie's schedule which the powerful teenager had left on the desk in the center of the room. "Incident last year, what gained me that nickname. Don't bother asking around, nobody knows what happened. All you need to know is that I was too busy making it up at Lesso's feet to stay in school that I missed all my classes. Set back a year," Valerie murmured. 

She changed into a silk shirt which was perfectly ironed, and a skirt. She then pulled on a simple coat that complimented her figure well. "Now, piss off and don't touch my stuff," Valerie turned to Anadil before making her way to the hall in which the annual ceremony began. 

Valerie glared daggers at the Never sat down at the end of the row until she moved, slipping on the end instead

Valerie glared daggers at the Never sat down at the end of the row until she moved, slipping on the end instead. She rolled her blue eyes as girls whispered from the other side of the room, pointing and staring at her outfit. Valerie stuck out like a sore thumb compared to the wave of black the Nevers wore. However she stuck out anyway, she might as well own it.